Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
it's been a while since abbreviations on my iPhone aren't working anymore, i'm not sure if the problem appeared after I upgraded to iOS 6 or before.

I tried to reboot but nothing. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

HacKage

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
As above, do you mean keyboard shortcuts, which you can go through keyboard settings and verify whats there?

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
My keyboard shortcuts aren't working either. Just started noticing it last week.

ah123

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
I only have a few shortcuts which I don't use often - tried today and mine don't work either.

mikejg

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
If a reboot doesn't work, try adding a new shortcut, or deleting a shortcut and adding it back. IIRC that's what worked for me.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Very weird, when I go to check to see if my shortcuts are working today, every single one is working as normal.

Even the ones I had added while trying to get it to work the other day showed up and are working.

Seems like all is back to normal.:rolleyes:

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Yeah I meant shortcuts.

I tried to reboot again and they work now, but just for one day or so then I have to reboot again.

Hopefully this will be fixed with the next iOS update :)

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Yeah I meant shortcuts.

I tried to reboot again and they work now, but just for one day or so then I have to reboot again.

Hopefully this will be fixed with the next iOS update :)

Have you searched the forum for shortcut issues? If not I recommend you do because I think you'll find it discussed a couple times.

My shortcuts are working just fine but I just entered and started using them. I think others reported their old ones weren't working and they had to delete and reenter them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.