PDA

View Full Version : "S" Button does not work

MattG
Sep 14, 2005, 01:48 PM
Okay guys, help me figure this out...I'll bet it's something really stupid that I'm just not thinking of.

I have a friend who has a 12" Powerbook. She has 2 user accounts setup on it. On the main user account (admin), the "S" button does not function at all, no matter what program she is in. In the other account, the "S" button works fine.

I already went to System Preferences and to Mouse/Keyboard and set the shortcut keys to default. I can't think of anything else it could be. What am I missing?

TheMonarch
Sep 14, 2005, 02:20 PM
reset permissions maybe?

wPod
Sep 14, 2005, 03:09 PM
try hooking up an external keyboard and seeing if it does the same thing. try creating a new user account and see what happens. also try resetting the pram (old down apple-p-r durring start up of the computer and keep holding until you hear the chime 4 times) that will reset the memory on the motherboard (so stuff like system time will be reset) that can often take care of unusual hardware glitches. but yeah, thats kinda odd.

MattG
Sep 14, 2005, 03:44 PM
Fixed it...

Had to poke around just about everywhere before I finally figured it out. Apparently this girl was just playing around with settings in the System Preferences, and she made it so the "S" button was the button you pushed to trigger Speech Recognition. Just had to turn that off and it started working again.

Thanks everyone!