Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ObeseSquirrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
This bug seems to occur after waking from sleep, especially when after I have moved to a different wifi network. (I am not sure whether this is the cause of the problem.) It has only happened since upgrading to 10.8.2, and I believe it started after the 12C60 supplemental update.

This has happened 4 times. The symptoms are slightly different each time, but generally my computer loses the ability to write to the disk (meaning that I cannot save my files) and new apps fail to open. (They just keep bouncing in the dock.)

One time when this happened, I also lost access to my keychain, and the system kept asking for my passwords, which I would not give. Another time, some of my apps began to close randomly, before failing to reopen.

This problem seems to be solved by rebooting and resetting PRAM, though I am not completely sure about this. At least one time when I rebooted without resetting PRAM, the problem started again, but then worked properly after a PRAM reset.

Disk Utility does not find any disk errors or permissions problems following these incidences. I reinstalled the Combo update for 10.8.2 after one incident (the second time this happened) but the bug reappeared after several weeks. Sometimes my Spotlight will start reindexing after I fix the problem. Sometimes it doesn't. Because the machine cannot write to the disk, I do not think there is an error log for it.

This problem has become even more persistent over the last couple of weeks.

(mid-2010 13" Macbook Pro, 8 GB Crucial RAM, Corsair Performance Pro SSD)

Additional details:
-I am using TRIM Enabler
-SSD is set to Wake for Network Access (when plugged in)
-"Put hard disk to sleep when possible" is left unchecked.

levous

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
I'm having the same issue after replacing my superdrive with a hard drive and then installing the OS on a SSD in the original HDD location. I'm using the Optibay conversion. It works great until the computer hibernates and then I need to reboot.

If I find the solution, I'll post back but if anyone has any idea, love to hear it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.