PDA

View Full Version : [iPad Mini] iPad mini smart case

Urindanger
Nov 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
have no seen a smart case that is similar to what Apple has done to the big ipad, but for ipad mini? :)

cali0028
Nov 24, 2012, 01:15 PM
have no seen a smart case that is similar to what Apple has done to the big ipad, but for ipad mini? :)

I just ordered the khumo one for the mini last night. A lot of people that had it for ipad 2/3 have good reviews and there are few reviews for the mini version on amazon. I ordered the red one... I'll post review when I get mine.

pooleman
Nov 24, 2012, 01:54 PM
I just ordered the khumo one for the mini last night. A lot of people that had it for ipad 2/3 have good reviews and there are few reviews for the mini version on amazon. I ordered the red one... I'll post review when I get mine.

Can you post a link. I could not find it on amazon

cali0028
Nov 24, 2012, 02:35 PM
Can you post a link. I could not find it on amazon

Here is the link (http://www.amazon.com/KHOMO-Polyurethane-Rubberized-Poly-carbonate-Protector/dp/B00A8LPVJG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1353789280&sr=8-11&keywords=khomo+ipad+mini+case)

its like 12.99 so not bad for the price. I've also looked at the youtube reviews for the ipad 2 and it looked pretty good as well.

EMAN19
Nov 24, 2012, 03:52 PM
I can't wait until Apple comes out with a Smart Case for the iPad mini. They should have released it alongside the iPad mini and Smart Cover.

shenan1982
Nov 24, 2012, 05:01 PM
I can't wait until Apple comes out with a Smart Case for the iPad mini. They should have released it alongside the iPad mini and Smart Cover.

Key word is IF they release it.

Urindanger
Nov 24, 2012, 05:39 PM
FML! Cant order it to sweden :( but it's looks sweet :)

pooleman
Nov 24, 2012, 07:47 PM
Here is the link (http://www.amazon.com/KHOMO-Polyurethane-Rubberized-Poly-carbonate-Protector/dp/B00A8LPVJG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1353789280&sr=8-11&keywords=khomo+ipad+mini+case)

its like 12.99 so not bad for the price. I've also looked at the youtube reviews for the ipad 2 and it looked pretty good as well.

Thanks.

cali0028
Nov 24, 2012, 08:10 PM
FML! Cant order it to sweden :( but it's looks sweet :)

Sorry...But ya I cant want to get mine at this point. Reviews looks good so far. i'll post pic's when I get mine.

----------

Thanks.

Sure no problem!

nfl46
Nov 24, 2012, 11:36 PM
Ordered the red one for my white Mini. Thanks!

TB07-NJ
Nov 25, 2012, 09:37 AM
I just ordered the khumo one for the mini last night. A lot of people that had it for ipad 2/3 have good reviews and there are few reviews for the mini version on amazon. I ordered the red one... I'll post review when I get mine. I've had the Khomo (hate that name - must mean something in Chinese) for my former iPads 1,2,3 and have the mini one on the way as well. The Mini is more expensive (they hit you for shipping) than the 1,2,3 versions for some reason but I found the Khomo case to be the best of all the ones I have tried. Very light, very thin and nothing fancy. Hopefully this is the same construction & material as the others. The ONLY gripe I had with them was they seem to attract and maintain smudges.

I just got the $5 Poetic case (w/free shipping) which is very nice as well (despite smelling like 3-day old fish at a fishmarket in the middle of the summer) but it is much thicker than the Khomos I've had.

Menel
Nov 25, 2012, 11:52 AM

Don't hold your breathe, I wouldn't expect Apple to release a case that will rub and exacerbate the wear of the anodized finish. Get a folio with a microfiber interior.

cali0028
Nov 25, 2012, 12:19 PM
I've had the Khomo (hate that name - must mean something in Chinese) for my former iPads 1,2,3 and have the mini one on the way as well. The Mini is more expensive (they hit you for shipping) than the 1,2,3 versions for some reason but I found the Khomo case to be the best of all the ones I have tried. Very light, very thin and nothing fancy. Hopefully this is the same construction & material as the others. The ONLY gripe I had with them was they seem to attract and maintain smudges.

I just got the $5 Poetic case (w/free shipping) which is very nice as well (despite smelling like 3-day old fish at a fishmarket in the middle of the summer) but it is much thicker than the Khomos I've had.

Haha! That's exactly why I didn't order the poetic one. I believe in "you get what you pay for". From all the reviews and you confirming, it should be just what I was looking for, never owned one of these for my other iPads but I am really looking fwd to it. Now only if amazon would ship the damn thing already lol!!!

Oh also I wasn't looking to get the apple smart case. They are way priced and from the past exp all the cover and case I had tend to get a black dirt line and can't seem to get them off for some reason.

Post pics or vid when you get yours...

TB07-NJ
Nov 25, 2012, 03:40 PM
Haha! That's exactly why I didn't order the poetic one. I believe in "you get what you pay for". From all the reviews and you confirming, it should be just what I was looking for, never owned one of these for my other iPads but I am really looking fwd to it. Now only if amazon would ship the damn thing already lol!!!

Oh also I wasn't looking to get the apple smart case. They are way priced and from the past exp all the cover and case I had tend to get a black dirt line and can't seem to get them off for some reason.

Post pics or vid when you get yours...

Unfortunately (at least my black one) isn't shipped by Amazon it's shipped by a 3rd party seller from Florida. They supposedly shipped it on Friday but tracking is showing nothing at this time. In the meantime I'm using my mini with the Poetic case and a clothespin on my nose. :) Actually the smell has diminished quite a bit but it still stinks. Very nice case for 5 bucks though. ;)

nfl46
Nov 25, 2012, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately (at least my black one) isn't shipped by Amazon it's shipped by a 3rd party seller from Florida. They supposedly shipped it on Friday but tracking is showing nothing at this time. In the meantime I'm using my mini with the Poetic case and a clothespin on my nose. :) Actually the smell has diminished quite a bit but it still stinks. Very nice case for 5 bucks though. ;)

Lmao! I keep hearing that it smells like fish. Is it the inside of it, or the outside leather?

cali0028
Nov 25, 2012, 06:01 PM

Lol clothespin on your nose? Geez glad to hear people has to go out of their way to use their ipad... Ya it's cheap but still.

To OP I don't mean to high jack your thread! Hope you ordered one!

TB07-NJ
Nov 25, 2012, 07:02 PM
Lmao! I keep hearing that it smells like fish. Is it the inside of it, or the outside leather? It's the inside lining. The outside definately is NOT leather (but it is a nice sturdy material). :)

----------

Lol clothespin on your nose? Geez glad to hear people has to go out of their way to use their ipad... Ya it's cheap but still.
Well worth the $5 with free shipping despite the smell. I'm sure the fish will eventually go out to sea for good. :)

justinf77
Nov 28, 2012, 05:15 PM
Has anybody received one of these cases yet? Thoughts? This is exactly the type of case I've been looking for.

cali0028
Nov 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
Has anybody received one of these cases yet? Thoughts? This is exactly the type of case I've been looking for.

yep working on the pic's now...

cali0028
Nov 28, 2012, 06:30 PM
So here are the pics of the Khomo for the ipad mini (Red)...Enjoy

cali0028
Nov 28, 2012, 06:32 PM
didn't realize you can only upload 5 pics at once...

Lortimer
Nov 29, 2012, 06:35 PM
cali how do you like the case?
It seems kind of big but I have a similar
one for my iPad and its great.

cali0028
Nov 29, 2012, 08:24 PM
cali how do you like the case?
It seems kind of big but I have a similar
one for my iPad and its great.

I think it looks big on the picture...but it's really nice. So far two days use and no issue at all. but not trying to be OCD like some said on the other thread but wish it had a padding in the case where the ipad sits but at this point for 12 or 13 bucks its no brainer..sleep/wake works fine. Just came back from a short road trip and had the ipad flip part mounted between my sunroof and it was on there good for the kids to watch movie on there for an hour and no complaints. over all for me it was really worth it over the poetic one (couldn't or wouldn't stand that fish smell).

Order and if you don't like it then just return it.

----------

oh i also wanted to point out that someone noticed (which I had no idea) that this case had the 4th folding part which helps with the standing i guess. I didn't know that will make a diff....

JRWill
Dec 2, 2012, 12:51 PM
Does it have strong plastic smell.. :(

glen e
Dec 2, 2012, 01:42 PM
The khomo is virtually identical to the big ipad smartcase, except it fits better abd does not have the sharp edge. It's what I hope apple makes for the mini instead of the POS smartcase for ipad.

wrkactjob
Dec 2, 2012, 02:38 PM
Thinking

wrkactjob
Dec 2, 2012, 02:48 PM

Mmmm looks like a better value than this one with er a similar Japanese name.

http://www.knomobags.com/uk/ipad-mini-folio-teaberry-leather.html/

FrozenDarkness
Dec 2, 2012, 04:47 PM
Mmmm looks like a better value than this one with er a similar Japanese name.

http://www.knomobags.com/uk/ipad-mini-folio-teaberry-leather.html/

I got the black ipad Khomo case, extremely disappointed it doesn't have microfiber lining. Doe the red one have it?

cali0028
Dec 2, 2012, 06:58 PM
I got the black ipad Khomo case, extremely disappointed it doesn't have microfiber lining. Doe the red one have it?

Nope it does not. But it's a deal breaker for me.

----------

Does it have strong plastic smell.. :(

No smell what so ever

Ayemerica
Dec 2, 2012, 07:02 PM
My white poetic didn't experience that smell that people have mentioned

FrozenDarkness
Dec 2, 2012, 07:20 PM
Nope it does not. But it's a deal breaker for me.

----------

No smell what so ever

So the grey inside lining for the smartcover is also polyurethane?

TB07-NJ
Dec 2, 2012, 09:48 PM
Got my black Khomo case the other day. Perfect fit just like the one for the iPad 2 & 3 I had. Like it much better than the $5 Poetic Dead Fish case as it is lighter and thinner (and doesn't smell like unholy mackeral). :)

Only thing that I don't like about it (as with the other 2 Kmomos I had) is it is a fingerprint magnet, especially the bottom part but that doesn't bother me.

cali0028
Dec 2, 2012, 10:28 PM
So the grey inside lining for the smartcover is also polyurethane?

no the part that smart cover that sits on the screen when closed is not polyurethane. it is that microfiber cloth i guess you can say.

KennySmith
Dec 4, 2012, 02:17 AM
How about the TS-case leather case for ipad mini Leopard or the Polka Dots Smart cover for ipad mini? Automatically wakes and sleeps your iPad mini, fashion, just found it here http://www.luxurycase.co.uk/ipad-case/ipad-mini-cases.html?limit=45

No too bad... but not for me:D

mirz2000
Jan 9, 2013, 08:43 AM

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for posting these pictures. This was really helpful in deciding to order this case.

I am a little worried that some are saying that the underside of the cover isn't the microfiber... have you had any issues with that? I just didn't think the Apple version was worth $39, so I figured I would see how it goes with this one.

Also, your counters are gorgeous!

jason5
Jan 11, 2013, 05:01 AM
The ipad smart cases look great, seeing as apple don't sell them yet i bought a cover. waste of money.. i seem to always need something to put underneath so i don't scratch the table. so i ordered a back silicone cover (hope it matches the front cover)

SAMRICK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A2YG5SA/ref=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1

I'll let you know more after i've fitted it.

Jman13
Jan 11, 2013, 08:38 AM
This one looks nice. I thought about getting this one for my mini, but I'm rethinking since I tried just a thin snap case and even that I found added a little too much bulk for my liking, so I'm sticking with skin+smartcover. However, this is the one I'd get if I went for a case:

http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-Leatherette-feature-MD531LL-MD528LL/dp/B009JRMBVG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1357915163&sr=8-4&keywords=invellop

fingg
May 19, 2013, 01:22 PM
I don't have smart cover for ipad mini but I have iPad MINI Protective Leather Rotary Case With Belt Buckle, it is snap connection and can be used separately. Personally, a good case here...

maxosx
May 19, 2013, 01:34 PM
As much as I like Apple, it's their inconsistencies that frustrate me.

I have an iPad 4 with Apples smart case, it's excellent. Why they would fail to offer that same case for the mini is just stupid.

Over 20 of us at work would buy one immediately for our minis. It's a large scale enterprise, with many Mac enthusiasts that buy lots of Apple products.

Internaut
May 19, 2013, 02:57 PM
I just make do with the Apple Smart Cover (wouldn't think of buying an iPad without one) and a back cover I picked up for 4 from Amazon UK. Makes my Mini easier to hold, with no weight penalty.