Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Urindanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
have no seen a smart case that is similar to what Apple has done to the big ipad, but for ipad mini? :)

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
have no seen a smart case that is similar to what Apple has done to the big ipad, but for ipad mini? :)

I just ordered the khumo one for the mini last night. A lot of people that had it for ipad 2/3 have good reviews and there are few reviews for the mini version on amazon. I ordered the red one... I'll post review when I get mine.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I just ordered the khumo one for the mini last night. A lot of people that had it for ipad 2/3 have good reviews and there are few reviews for the mini version on amazon. I ordered the red one... I'll post review when I get mine.

Can you post a link. I could not find it on amazon

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I can't wait until Apple comes out with a Smart Case for the iPad mini. They should have released it alongside the iPad mini and Smart Cover.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I've had the Khomo (hate that name - must mean something in Chinese) for my former iPads 1,2,3 and have the mini one on the way as well. The Mini is more expensive (they hit you for shipping) than the 1,2,3 versions for some reason but I found the Khomo case to be the best of all the ones I have tried. Very light, very thin and nothing fancy. Hopefully this is the same construction & material as the others. The ONLY gripe I had with them was they seem to attract and maintain smudges.

I just got the $5 Poetic case (w/free shipping) which is very nice as well (despite smelling like 3-day old fish at a fishmarket in the middle of the summer) but it is much thicker than the Khomos I've had.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I can't wait until Apple comes out with a Smart Case for the iPad mini. They should have released it alongside the iPad mini and Smart Cover.

Don't hold your breathe, I wouldn't expect Apple to release a case that will rub and exacerbate the wear of the anodized finish. Get a folio with a microfiber interior.

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
I've had the Khomo (hate that name - must mean something in Chinese) for my former iPads 1,2,3 and have the mini one on the way as well. The Mini is more expensive (they hit you for shipping) than the 1,2,3 versions for some reason but I found the Khomo case to be the best of all the ones I have tried. Very light, very thin and nothing fancy. Hopefully this is the same construction & material as the others. The ONLY gripe I had with them was they seem to attract and maintain smudges.

I just got the $5 Poetic case (w/free shipping) which is very nice as well (despite smelling like 3-day old fish at a fishmarket in the middle of the summer) but it is much thicker than the Khomos I've had.

Haha! That's exactly why I didn't order the poetic one. I believe in "you get what you pay for". From all the reviews and you confirming, it should be just what I was looking for, never owned one of these for my other iPads but I am really looking fwd to it. Now only if amazon would ship the damn thing already lol!!!

Oh also I wasn't looking to get the apple smart case. They are way priced and from the past exp all the cover and case I had tend to get a black dirt line and can't seem to get them off for some reason.

Post pics or vid when you get yours...

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Haha! That's exactly why I didn't order the poetic one. I believe in "you get what you pay for". From all the reviews and you confirming, it should be just what I was looking for, never owned one of these for my other iPads but I am really looking fwd to it. Now only if amazon would ship the damn thing already lol!!!

Oh also I wasn't looking to get the apple smart case. They are way priced and from the past exp all the cover and case I had tend to get a black dirt line and can't seem to get them off for some reason.

Post pics or vid when you get yours...

Unfortunately (at least my black one) isn't shipped by Amazon it's shipped by a 3rd party seller from Florida. They supposedly shipped it on Friday but tracking is showing nothing at this time. In the meantime I'm using my mini with the Poetic case and a clothespin on my nose. :) Actually the smell has diminished quite a bit but it still stinks. Very nice case for 5 bucks though. ;)

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Unfortunately (at least my black one) isn't shipped by Amazon it's shipped by a 3rd party seller from Florida. They supposedly shipped it on Friday but tracking is showing nothing at this time. In the meantime I'm using my mini with the Poetic case and a clothespin on my nose. :) Actually the smell has diminished quite a bit but it still stinks. Very nice case for 5 bucks though. ;)

Lmao! I keep hearing that it smells like fish. Is it the inside of it, or the outside leather?

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011

Lol clothespin on your nose? Geez glad to hear people has to go out of their way to use their ipad... Ya it's cheap but still.

To OP I don't mean to high jack your thread! Hope you ordered one!

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Lmao! I keep hearing that it smells like fish. Is it the inside of it, or the outside leather?
It's the inside lining. The outside definately is NOT leather (but it is a nice sturdy material). :)

----------

Lol clothespin on your nose? Geez glad to hear people has to go out of their way to use their ipad... Ya it's cheap but still.
Well worth the $5 with free shipping despite the smell. I'm sure the fish will eventually go out to sea for good. :)

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Has anybody received one of these cases yet? Thoughts? This is exactly the type of case I've been looking for.

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Just got it today!

So here are the pics of the Khomo for the ipad mini (Red)...Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 312

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
here are the rest pic's

didn't realize you can only upload 5 pics at once...

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 341

Lortimer

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
cali how do you like the case?
It seems kind of big but I have a similar
one for my iPad and its great.

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
cali how do you like the case?
It seems kind of big but I have a similar
one for my iPad and its great.

I think it looks big on the picture...but it's really nice. So far two days use and no issue at all. but not trying to be OCD like some said on the other thread but wish it had a padding in the case where the ipad sits but at this point for 12 or 13 bucks its no brainer..sleep/wake works fine. Just came back from a short road trip and had the ipad flip part mounted between my sunroof and it was on there good for the kids to watch movie on there for an hour and no complaints. over all for me it was really worth it over the poetic one (couldn't or wouldn't stand that fish smell).

Order and if you don't like it then just return it.

----------

oh i also wanted to point out that someone noticed (which I had no idea) that this case had the 4th folding part which helps with the standing i guess. I didn't know that will make a diff....

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
The khomo is virtually identical to the big ipad smartcase, except it fits better abd does not have the sharp edge. It's what I hope apple makes for the mini instead of the POS smartcase for ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.