Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevin Mc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
FL
Let me preface this with an acknowledgement that I am a rank amateur at web development. I am a school teacher with a website that I use with my classes.

I have used dream weaver mx on my g4 PowerBook until last week when I upgraded to retina MacBook (hence no more dream weaver).

I'm looking at switch to Coda2, but can't figure out why I can't publish edited pages. I cannot get past the "local and remote path must be set . . . " msg.

I am connected to my server but obviously have something screwed up in my site set up. I suspect it is in the local URL setting, as I don't really understand what I should have there.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I'm still on the evaluation version and time is running out.

Thanks
http://www.mrmaconline.com

Last edited:

jsm4182

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2006
Beacon, NY
To use the publish feature correctly both the remote root and local root must be set to the correct root for your site. If your ftp root is your site root and you don't need to specify an additional path for remote root, just put a forward slash there.

Kevin Mc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
FL
Thanks for your help and pardon my obvious ignorance!

I am able to open, edit and save a file from the server, but unable to publish a file edited or created locally.

I have set local root (using "set" button in site setup) and changed remote root to forward slash as you suggested, but still no go.

I think part of the problem is I don't even know the correct question to ask, but I appreciate your effort.

Is it possible the problem lies in the local url setting. I'm exceptionally confused by that.

Thanks

Kevin Mc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
FL
Thank you for your help.

Publish function is now working fine.

I believe that I was opening files and editing them, but did not actually have the site opened. I was able to save the files and even drag and drop them into the proper place on my server and the updates would be uploaded. The Coda "publish" function wouldn't work, though.

And yes, I do feel pretty foolish about this!

Thanks again for your help. It is appreciated.

Kevin
http://www.mrmaconline.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.