PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4 problems

mwoj00
Nov 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hello I have a powerbook g4 that will not boot up to my os. It turns on and everything but after the apple logo appears, a error symbol appears[ a circle with a line through it] with the spinning circle and nothing happens. Please help me I dont want to have to buy a new mac.

666sheep
Nov 25, 2012, 02:45 AM
prohibited sign mac os -> google it.

If you want more help, provide some details except "mac doesn't boot to OS". What Mac, what OS version, what booting device (HDD or CD/DVD - OEM or Retail version), did it work before etc... Too much to guess so far.

SadChief
Nov 25, 2012, 07:16 AM
Hello I have a powerbook g4 that will not boot up to my os. It turns on and everything but after the apple logo appears, a error symbol appears[ a circle with a line through it] with the spinning circle and nothing happens. Please help me I dont want to have to buy a new mac.

Your HD is dead.

eyoungren
Nov 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
Or someone renamed the hard drive outside of OSX. I did that once when I had a dual boot OS9/OSX TiBook. Renamed the drive in OS9 and rebooted into OSX. Promptly got the prohibitory sign. If you rename the drive it has to be done inside OSX.