PDA

View Full Version : FS: Used CDs

mrgreen4242
Sep 15, 2005, 07:48 PM
I am selling off my old CDs... I'm asking for $5 shipped (US - international OK, but extra) for single CD albums, $7 for double disc sets. If there are no notes next to the disc it is in the original case with all the notes, etc. If it is listed as no case, but has all notes (liner notes AND the back cover insert). It will be in a CD case when shipped. If it lists no case, no notes it will be in a plain jewel case. To my knowledge all of these CDs play fine.

No reasonable offer will be refused, so please take a look at what I have and tell me what you think is reasonable!

I couldn't find a good way to get this big list on here, so I am linking it from my website. (http://www.infojunkie.net/cds.htm)

*Please note that the Pearl Jam 3 disc Dissident Live set and the Mesmerize live disc are for sale, but not for $5. Please make offers (I'd check eBay to get an idea of what people are paying for these).

doucy2
Sep 15, 2005, 09:07 PM
I am selling off my old CDs... I'm asking for $5 shipped (US - international OK, but extra) for single CD albums, $7 for double disc sets. If there are no notes next to the disc it is in the original case with all the notes, etc. If it is listed as no case, but has all notes (liner notes AND the back cover insert). It will be in a CD case when shipped. If it lists no case, no notes it will be in a plain jewel case. To my knowledge all of these CDs play fine.

No reasonable offer will be refused, so please take a look at what I have and tell me what you think is reasonable!

I couldn't find a good way to get this big list on here, so I am linking it from my website. (http://www.infojunkie.net/cds.htm) linking it from my website. (h?ttp://www.infojunkie.net/cds.htm)

*Please note that the Pearl Jam 3 disc Dissident Live set and the Mesmerize live disc are for sale, but not for $5. Please make offers (I'd check eBay to get an idea of what people are paying for these).
nice cds
but i already have most of the songss of the cds i would want
good luck in selling

mrgreen4242
Sep 15, 2005, 09:12 PM
nice cds
but i already have most of the songss of the cds i would want
good luck in selling

Heh, thanks for the bump at least... hey you still have that IDE to USB adaptor you were trying to sell? Want to trade it for some CDs? :)

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 12:11 AM
I've listed the Pearl Jam Live/Import CDs on eBay; if anyone is interested you can see them here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4769719663&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1).

Also, I will entertain offers for this whole lot of CDs (minus the four I just linked to auction) if someone would like to make a cheap grab at a fairly large music collection. :)

mbl42
Sep 16, 2005, 01:16 AM
May be interested in the Black Sabbath one. Give me a few days to think it over.

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 08:10 AM
May be interested in the Black Sabbath one. Give me a few days to think it over.

Sure, just let me know.

Also, just a little info for anyone interested, shipping for 1 CD and decent amount of packaging materials is about $1.30-1.55, but adding more discs to the package costs very little extra, so I will be inclined to negotiate on prices if you are looking to buy a few discs at once as the cost of shipping per disc goes down very quickly when you are doing multiple discs.

Thanks for the interest so far everyone!

EDIT: I wanted to add that I am always interested in a trade... I'm not looking to add any cash to any deals, but if you have a USB or FW to IDE adaptor, or some other small items like that I'd be happy to consider them. :)

im_to_hyper
Sep 16, 2005, 08:35 AM
Here is the list of what I want. BTW: If you ship it Media Mail it will be REALLY cheap that way, I believe.

Bare Naked Ladies Stunt
Blink 182 Dude Ranch
Collective Soul Discipline Breakdown
Green Day Dookie
Soundgarden Superunknown

Would you do $23, shipped for these?

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 09:08 AM
Here is the list of what I want. BTW: If you ship it Media Mail it will be REALLY cheap that way, I believe.

Bare Naked Ladies Stunt
Blink 182 Dude Ranch
Green Day Dookie
Soundgarden Superunknown

PM Sent!

Thanks!

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 09:23 AM

Bare Naked Ladies Stunt
Blink 182 Dude Ranch
Green Day Dookie
Soundgarden Superunknown

Just FYI, these disc are officially sold. There are a few others pending, I will update the list on my site when I get home from work. Thanks everyone!!

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 09:49 AM
Ok, these ones are gone now as well:

Tom Petty - Greatest Hits
The Smashing Pumpkins - Menon Collie
NIN - Pretty hate Machine
Loreena McKennit - Live in Paris and Toronto
Sublime - Sublime

devilot, I responded to you PM as well.

Thanks,
Rob

devilot
Sep 16, 2005, 06:26 PM
PayPal has been sent.

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 06:46 PM
PayPal has been sent.

Ah, got it, your CDs will ship out ASAP, you should get them around Wednesday-Thursday!

Thank you very much!

I've sold about 15 cds, and have updated the list on my site to reflect what is still available.

I am also adding a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix unabridged on CD to the list. 23 discs in all, listened to twice, all the original boxing and sleeves are there. I'm asking $30 + shipping (seems to be about what they sell for on eBay). I'd estimate the shipping around $3 for media mail.

(Black Sabbath - Paranoid is still available as well ;) )

andypress
Sep 16, 2005, 07:42 PM
Is darkside of the moon still available?

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 07:46 PM
Good luck who needs cd's anymore.

Well, I've sold 15 in the first 24 hours I listed them, but thanks for the bump. :)

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 07:49 PM
Is darkside of the moon still available?

Sure is, let me know if you'd like it and also any other discs! :)

andypress
Sep 16, 2005, 07:59 PM
Sure is, let me know if you'd like it and also any other discs! :)
What condition is it in?

mrgreen4242
Sep 16, 2005, 08:09 PM
What condition is it in?
No visible scratches, it mounts in my mini. I can't be any more specific than that, as there aren't enough hours in the day for me to listen to all of these discs and check each track. The case is in good shape, a little worn, but no cracks or chips.

andypress
Sep 16, 2005, 08:15 PM

mrgreen4242
Sep 17, 2005, 04:23 PM

Hey sorry, went to bed and then was out of town all day today. Still interested?

mrgreen4242
Sep 19, 2005, 02:32 PM
All the discs on the list (60 or so left) are still available, except the live Pearl Jam ones, I will edit those when I get home today. All discs that have been purchased by MR members have shipped, you guys should get them in a few days!

I'm dropping the price on the ones left! $4 per disc plus $2.50 shipping on any size order!

im_to_hyper
Sep 24, 2005, 02:10 AM
Hey, just got my CDs today. Great seller!

Technically, it was yesterday considering that it is now 2 AM.

barneygumble
Sep 24, 2005, 02:22 AM
I presume of course you are removing these tracks from your itunes library ;)

Nices CD's though, not my tatse but good luck

Deepdale
Sep 24, 2005, 06:00 AM
I presume of course you are removing these tracks from your itunes library ;)

Cynicism lives! :)

mrgreen4242
Sep 25, 2005, 07:52 PM
I have listed my copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix CDs on eBay. Here is the link for anyone interested... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6979789831&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

It's the US edition read by Jim Dale, and is in great shape; listened to it maybe twice, 23 discs, 27 hours.

mrgreen4242
Sep 26, 2005, 09:11 AM
Ok, just wanted to post that all these disc will be going to eBay over the next few weeks, so feel free to keep an eye on http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZrobandstuff to see what I have listed. Also, my wife is going to add a bunch of her CDs to the lst soon (looks like she wants to clear out something like 100 discs).

devilot
Sep 27, 2005, 06:48 PM
I had a bit of a longer wait than the other folks due to my being further away. Thanks! mrgreen was incredibly patient w/ me and I would recommend him for future transactions.

mrgreen4242
Sep 27, 2005, 07:25 PM
I had a bit of a longer wait than the other folks due to my being further away. Thanks! mrgreen was incredibly patient w/ me and I would recommend him for future transactions.

Thanks for being patient... The PO staff must have thought they were all in the same zone so told me 4 days, which I passed on to you... I should have checked more carefully, but I am glad they got there eventually!

masterapple04
Sep 27, 2005, 07:50 PM
Hey mrgreen, I sent you a PM 2 days ago with a request. You haven't sent a reply. Basically, I want The Offspring - Americana. I'll give you whatever you're asking. Send a PM, or reply to mine. Thanks!

mrgreen4242
Sep 28, 2005, 08:31 AM
Hey mrgreen, I sent you a PM 2 days ago with a request. You haven't sent a reply. Basically, I want The Offspring - Americana. I'll give you whatever you're asking. Send a PM, or reply to mine. Thanks!

Thanks for reminding me! I got your message at work, and meant to reply when I got home, but completely forgot about it by the time I got there! Sorry... I'm send you a PM right now.

XNine
Sep 29, 2005, 11:05 AM
I'm interested in
NIN- Broken (replacing my scratched to hell disc)
Filter- Short Bus, didn't buy this a decade ago when I should have
Helmet- Betty

Lemme know what the total is.

Thanks,
Z

mrgreen4242
Sep 29, 2005, 11:36 AM
I'm interested in
NIN- Broken (replacing my scratched to hell disc)
Filter- Short Bus, didn't buy this a decade ago when I should have
Helmet- Betty

Lemme know what the total is.

Thanks,
Z
I just looked at Broken, and mine is pretty scratched up, too (what is it about that disc?!). I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it anymore, as I can't be sure it won't skip on your equipment. The other 2 would be $10.50, shipped in the US.

XNine
Sep 29, 2005, 02:38 PM
what if I gave you a dollar for it?

mrgreen4242
Sep 29, 2005, 03:39 PM
what if I gave you a dollar for it?

Sure, as long as it is understood that it is significantly scratched up and I am not responsible for it's condition! :)

My PayPal account is under robert.mcfadden@us.army.mil, and I can ship these out as soon as tomorrow.

XNine
Sep 29, 2005, 04:10 PM
I can pay you as soon as tomorrow. Stand by for transmission. And yes, it's fully understood you are ot responsible for my purchase if Broken is...well...Broken.

mrgreen4242
Sep 29, 2005, 07:32 PM
I can pay you as soon as tomorrow. Stand by for transmission. And yes, it's fully understood you are ot responsible for my purchase if Broken is...well...Broken.

If you get it to me before noon (EST) I can ship tomorrow, otherwise it will be Monday.

mrgreen4242
Oct 2, 2005, 12:28 AM

Hey, I was just checking in on this sale... I've been listing discs on eBay and I hadn't heard from you, so I wanted to make sure you still want these CDs?

I have no problem holding discs for a MR member (you guys are my favorite online community, without doubt!), but if you don't want them I will put them onto eBay.

Thanks,
Rob

PS For those of you who have already been looking at my list, I have an addition: Bob Segar's Greatest Hits... amazing CD! :)e

PPS I neve did respond to the question about deleting these from iTunes... Yes, I am relinquishing all the rights, most of these are either not listened to at all anymore (and as such not on my computer) OR they are repeats from my wife's library (got married about 18 months ago, and we have similar taste in music), so I still, in my opinion, retain a legal right to a copy of that disc.

ReanimationLP
Oct 2, 2005, 02:29 AM
Onizuka can be a bit late with the replies, but he is a great seller, and I'm sure a great buyer. My iPod is still chugging along nicely. :D

espically now with 20+ hours of battery life. ;)

XNine
Oct 3, 2005, 04:03 PM
Money sent. 12 even for the three discs.

Thanks for your patience and offer!

masterapple04
Oct 3, 2005, 04:40 PM
Got my CD as advertised. Great seller. Thanks again! :cool: