PDA

View Full Version : Sky Go on Powerbook G4

ihuman:D
Nov 25, 2012, 07:31 AM
Sky Go requires silverlight to work. I've installed Silverlight 3(by removing installercheck) but it still show up saying I need to install/update Silverlight. Is there anyway to get Sky Go to work?

Nov 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
I've also tried Flip4Mac too.

SuperJudge
Nov 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
My guess is that you're not going to be able to get it to work.

Things like Sky Go, TWC's web app, and Netflix only work with the official Silverlight plug-in, unfortunately. This is a minor source of frustration for me since I'd like to to be able use my upstairs Linux HTPC for everything I can do downstairs with the cable box and PS3. Alas, not quite. C'est la vie.

All that said, I would be very interested to hear of any solutions to this problem.

Nov 25, 2012, 10:12 AM
My guess is that you're not going to be able to get it to work.

Things like Sky Go, TWC's web app, and Netflix only work with the official Silverlight plug-in, unfortunately. This is a minor source of frustration for me since I'd like to to be able use my upstairs Linux HTPC for everything I can do downstairs with the cable box and PS3. Alas, not quite. C'est la vie.

All that said, I would be very interested to hear of any solutions to this problem.

Atleast it's not flash though lol :p. Hopefully there'll be a solution.

SuperJudge
Nov 25, 2012, 10:13 AM
Atleast it's not flash though lol :p. Hopefully there'll be a solution.

Yeah, but if it was Flash, it would work! Maybe not terribly well, but it would work. :-p

Oh, the irony.

Nov 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah, but if it was Flash, it would work! Maybe not terribly well, but it would work. :-p

Oh, the irony.

Haha yeah :D.

Nov 26, 2012, 02:33 PM
Bump.

Nov 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
Would VPC7 work?