Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihuman:D

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Ireland
Sky Go requires silverlight to work. I've installed Silverlight 3(by removing installercheck) but it still show up saying I need to install/update Silverlight. Is there anyway to get Sky Go to work?

SuperJudge

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2008
The Triangle, NC
My guess is that you're not going to be able to get it to work.

Things like Sky Go, TWC's web app, and Netflix only work with the official Silverlight plug-in, unfortunately. This is a minor source of frustration for me since I'd like to to be able use my upstairs Linux HTPC for everything I can do downstairs with the cable box and PS3. Alas, not quite. C'est la vie.

All that said, I would be very interested to hear of any solutions to this problem.

ihuman:D

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Ireland
My guess is that you're not going to be able to get it to work.

Things like Sky Go, TWC's web app, and Netflix only work with the official Silverlight plug-in, unfortunately. This is a minor source of frustration for me since I'd like to to be able use my upstairs Linux HTPC for everything I can do downstairs with the cable box and PS3. Alas, not quite. C'est la vie.

All that said, I would be very interested to hear of any solutions to this problem.

Atleast it's not flash though lol :p. Hopefully there'll be a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.