PDA

View Full Version : [iPad Mini] InvisibleSHIELD or Otterbox for iPad Mini

dinggus
Nov 25, 2012, 02:59 PM
Before I waste my money and install the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD, should I get the Otterbox case? I can't decide on what I want. Part of me wants a privacy shield, another part of me stays screw it and get the Otterbox, and another part of me says just put the Zagg InvisibileSHIELD on and get a nice case.

Lend27
Nov 25, 2012, 03:10 PM
The Otterbox Defender for the Mini is awesome!

steve dave
Nov 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
They are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Do you want something that will protect it from drops and rough handling or just something to protect it from scratches?

dinggus
Nov 25, 2012, 03:27 PM
To be honest, I want both. I don't want something to be bulky though, thats why I bought the Mini, if it starts to get bulky and weigh as much as my iPad 2, then I shouldn't have bought it.

How well does the Otterbox keep the dust out of the case? I could always install a privacy screen and then put the case on.

dinggus
Nov 25, 2012, 06:27 PM
I went to BestBuy and now am torn even more.

The otterbox is extremely nice, but no built in kick stand. I like to type and watch movies in landscape, more convenient. I wish they built one in the back so I don't have to carry the shell.

Then I seen this Rocketfish:
http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/6814625/rocketfish-skinny-case-for-apple-ipad-mini-black-reviews/reviews.htm

I like it a lot, I don't plan on dropping my iPad Mini, and the shell rotates, different positions to type on, and has a little carrying handle when the cover is flipped behind.

dinggus
Nov 25, 2012, 11:48 PM
I think you should definitely give a try to invisibleSHIELD. Theres even 50% discount today (http://bit.ly/TflW4K).

I like the invisibleSHIELD, but then there would be no need for the otterbox.

I want a privacy screen as well, could I add that over the shield?

dinggus
Nov 26, 2012, 12:46 AM
I do to, but to justify my reasonings to not go with the Otterbox is I don't want to have to carry the shield with me.

I bought 3 iPad Mini cases. One is an Incase and I don't care for it at all. The Rocketfish and the Otterbox. I'll test them out.