PDA

View Full Version : Best workout apps that sync with Heart Rate Monitor?

JT3Jon
Nov 25, 2012, 03:57 PM
My brother got an ipad mini recently and loves it, so for christmas I'd like to get him this bluetooth heart rate monitor (http://www.wahoofitness.com/Products/Wahoo-Fitness-Wahoo-Blue-HR-Heart-Rate-Strap.asp) and an app for him to keep track of his workouts.

Any recommendations on an app? He wants to keep track of his fitness goals over time, including both cardio and weight lifting. What would be awesome is an app that will show you a workout summary with heart rate, intensity etc over the course of your workout, and to view all this same data in real time during a workout, and directly compare it vs a previous workout! I mean, Over time he would obviously like to improve on his cardio fitness, and being able to see his "previous best" workout and try to beat it would be an AWESOME motivator.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Even recommendations on fitness forums that might be better suited to answering this question would help. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!