Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toshibauser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
New York
My Mac Mini was purchased in 11/2011(the base model). I am running two systems OSX 10.8.2 and Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate (with Service Pack 1) under Bootcamp.

I have a mini display port -> VGA adapter connecting to a Acer monitor, and a HDMI port -> DVI connecting to a Samsung monitor. Both monitors work fine under OSX 10.8.2, however, the Samsung monitor does not work properly under Windows 7. As soon as windows 7 start, the screen turns black, only the Acer monitor works.

First, I thought this was a monitor driver problem, so I updated the driver in Windows 7, however, the system could not even recognize my Samsung monitor; it only recognize my Acer monitor. Is this possible a video card driver problem? Is it possible to have two display on a Mac Mini running window 7 by using BootCamp? If yes, how? Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Last edited:

toshibauser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
New York
Actually, I found the answer -- Some of Samsung SyncMaster models have compatibly issues with apple system. My Samsung monitor works only when connected to VGA, not with DVI. When I change my monitors to Dell UltraSharp both monitors work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.