PDA

View Full Version : Apple Seeds First Beta of OS X 10.8.3 to Developers

MacRumors
Nov 26, 2012, 12:22 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/26/apple-seeds-first-beta-of-os-x-10-8-3-to-developers/)

Fresh off its Thanksgiving holiday, Apple today seeded developers with the first test build of OS X 10.8.3.

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/11/12d32.jpg
The first beta of OS X 10.8.3 arrives as Build 12D32, and users are required to install the OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility in order to upgrade to the build.

Areas of focus for testing include AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, and Graphics Drivers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of OS X 10.8.3 to Developers (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/26/apple-seeds-first-beta-of-os-x-10-8-3-to-developers/)

iMikeT
Nov 26, 2012, 12:23 PM
So fast. Next thing we know 10.9 will be here!

Nov 26, 2012, 12:24 PM
Full Changelog?

NoIdeasOriginal
Nov 26, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hoping the slow shutdown times are addressed in this release.

UHFrank
Nov 26, 2012, 12:31 PM
man, I wish 10.8.2 for rMBP 13 would come out already

AppleMactablet
Nov 26, 2012, 12:32 PM
OMG Safari seems snappier ;)

BWhaler
Nov 26, 2012, 12:40 PM
Let's hope this is the update which fixes all of the visual flaws. (leather flap covering part of the notes list, reminders being the only app not going full screen, the peculiar choices full screen switching makes with itunes and others, etc., etc., etc.)

oh, and I hope it fixes the sporadically missing mouse cursor problem.

Nov 26, 2012, 12:41 PM
PLEASE fix the mdworker/sandboxing/sleep issues; the rest is fine, thank you.

mmccaskill
Nov 26, 2012, 12:41 PM
It would be nice if 10.8.3 fixes the almost constant Spotlight Indexing issue.

Syndra
Nov 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
I'm all ears about those graphic drivers updates.

atMac
Nov 26, 2012, 12:44 PM
SEED NOTES

Known Issues
- Safari 6.0.2 will not be offered to systems with 10.8.3 installed. Before installing 10.8.3 12D32, update to the latest Safari. - Software Update Preference contents may be shifted, especially with non-English localizations.
- After waking from sleep, some background graphics may draw in black or transparently.
- When switching between applications using Command+Tab, the icons may draw in black.

Focus Areas
- AirPlay
- AirPort
- Game Center
- Graphics Drivers

Mike MA
Nov 26, 2012, 12:48 PM

This is what I'm waiting for!

BRyken
Nov 26, 2012, 12:51 PM

This

MrXiro
Nov 26, 2012, 12:58 PM

hmm... this would explain my constant pinwheeling while using firefox.

ZacNicholson
Nov 26, 2012, 12:58 PM

you're that guy huh? :rolleyes::D

Nov 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
SEED NOTES

Known Issues
- Safari 6.0.2 will not be offered to systems with 10.8.3 installed. Before installing 10.8.3 12D32, update to the latest Safari. - Software Update Preference contents may be shifted, especially with non-English localizations.
- After waking from sleep, some background graphics may draw in black or transparently.
- When switching between applications using Command+Tab, the icons may draw in black.

Focus Areas
- AirPlay
- AirPort
- Game Center
- Graphics Drivers

That doesn't sound promising at all - no reference to mdworker/sandboxing/spotlight/sleep issues.

daneoni
Nov 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
PLEASE fix the mdworker/sandboxing/sleep issues; the rest is fine, thank you.

That doesn't sound promising at all - no reference to mdworker/sandboxing/spotlight/sleep issues.

apple.com/feedback or...

http://bugreporter.apple.com/

They will sometimes respond when the issue is closed.

gumblecosby
Nov 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
apple.com/feedback

http://bugreporter.apple.com/

They will sometimes respond when the issue is closed.

MacGizmo
Nov 26, 2012, 01:17 PM
I would be much happier if the headline read:
Apple seeds new f#$king iMacs to consumers!

That being said, it would be nice if ALL apps "remembered" that they were full screen the next time they're launched, instead of just iTunes.

lapeno
Nov 26, 2012, 01:19 PM

That being said, it would be nice if ALL apps "remembered" that they were full screen the next time they're launched, instead of just iTunes.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day..

vmachiel
Nov 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
Graphic drivers? So the switching integrated/discrete crashes will finally be dealt with?

sigjuice
Nov 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
What does Airport have that would be of interest to developers? I can see how all other "focus" areas would be relevant to developers, but not sure about Airport.

atMac
Nov 26, 2012, 01:33 PM
What does Airport have that would be of interest to developers? I can see how all other "focus" areas would be relevant to developers, but not sure about Airport.

Probably a driver update.

bushido
Nov 26, 2012, 01:37 PM

where is itunes 11?

mentaluproar
Nov 26, 2012, 01:39 PM
Fix the obsessive spotlight behavior and the I'll-shutdown-when-I-feel-like-it-not-when-I'm-told behavior and I will be a happy panda.

kobyh15
Nov 26, 2012, 01:45 PM

Ditto.

Gasu E.
Nov 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
where is itunes 11?

That will be one louder.

bperrella
Nov 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
Please fix the ridiculously slow access to Windows 7/Server 2008 Samba shares!!

Dionte
Nov 26, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hopefully it'll stop my iMac from freezing up.

TIGOS
Nov 26, 2012, 02:02 PM

hehehe me too! :eek:

BJB Productions
Nov 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
How bout fixing that awful 2011 Macbook Pro Blue Screen while using discrete graphics (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4145724?start=0&tstart=0) issue?

MacsRgr8
Nov 26, 2012, 02:09 PM

Not everyone has these issues....

atMac
Nov 26, 2012, 02:15 PM
Not everyone has these issues....

Many do, and many do and don't know it.

Nov 26, 2012, 02:16 PM
apple.com/feedback or...

Been there, done that a long time ago...thank you.

do1984
Nov 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
I just hope that with that "graphics driver" part they meant fixing the damn lag on 15 rmbp.

RoelJuun
Nov 26, 2012, 02:24 PM
Please fix:

Messages, messages is a mess
Slow shutdown times
Laggy mouse behavior when taking a screenshot
Bad drivers when running dual monitor setup
Invisible cursor when coming from a fullscreen application
Random re-indexing of Spotlight
Time Machine backup disks change name to random names
Slow animations when used for the first time in a while
Load times of Safari is sometimes long for no good reason
Make the stacks in the Dock better, when watching a downloading file you can't open it when having the stack open. Make it live.
Add a simple 'location' option in Calendar that let's you pick a contact from the Contacts app.
App Store is slow.

Thanks.

Kariya
Nov 26, 2012, 02:27 PM

hehehe me too! :eek:

Well they seem to have updated drivers somewhat

AndersBrohus
Nov 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
Is it soon possible for us non devs to download it?
I really want to try it! :D

tkermit
Nov 26, 2012, 02:42 PM
That will be one louder.

iTunes doesn't go to eleven.

plasticphyte
Nov 26, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hey Apple, how about fixing the full screen problem where if you have more than one monitor and you go full screen in an app, you can no longer use all the other screens because your $#!t ass OS thinks everybody uses one monitor.

To paraphrase a Futurama meme:
Your software is bad.

And you should feel bad!

BRyken
Nov 26, 2012, 03:06 PM
itunes doesn't go to eleven.

tmmg

kingtj
Nov 26, 2012, 03:14 PM
How about "wake from sleep" issues?
I know several people (myself included) who have experienced a sluggish waking of the monitor display from sleep ever since upgrading from Snow Leopard to Lion and now Mountain Lion. Maybe it's just a side effect of some type of improvement with the video support, but it's really annoying.

I notice after I move my mouse to wake my display up, it takes several seconds before the orange light on the monitor changes to green and the screen actually comes back on.

shorn
Nov 26, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hoping they finally get their a$$es round to sorting the borked css issues in Safari. Been there since ML release. Pi$$ poor, and expect more from Apple really.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20217633?ac_cid=op123456#20217633

bumblebritches5
Nov 26, 2012, 03:17 PM
I'd love for Apple to fix fullscreen when using multiple displays, the way I have it now, I'll fullscreen VLC and watch a movie on my TV and I would browse the internet with my built in screen, but Apple puts up this ugly linen over my entire screen. that's obviously a "feature" of the "world's most advanced OS" *Rollseyes*

Now, as a first time Mac user, I have to ask, is this software quality a new thing with Apple, or has their **** been like this for a long time?

uk1simon
Nov 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hopefully tomorrow will be the day..

System Preferences, General and un-tick "Close windows when quitting an application".

ihuman:D
Nov 26, 2012, 03:32 PM
I'd love for Apple to fix fullscreen when using multiple displays, the way I have it now, I'll fullscreen VLC and watch a movie on my TV and I would browse the internet with my built in screen, but Apple puts up this ugly linen over my entire screen. that's obviously a "feature" of the "world's most advanced OS" *Rollseyes*

Now, as a first time Mac user, I have to ask, is this software quality a new thing with Apple, or has their **** been like this for a long time?

New IMO (Well since Lion anyway, I think their releasing OSes to fast to fix the bugs :rolleyes: ) .

wwinter86
Nov 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
Is there a way for non-devs to get it? or does anyone know of a site that has a download link?

star-affinity
Nov 26, 2012, 03:46 PM

Wouldn't be too worried. Often there are a lot of updates to areas that don't get mentioned. For example Mail.app was updated between 10.8.1 to 10.8.1 etc.

If going by the version numbering that seems like a quite big jump to me. Great! :) Wil be good for the new iMacs and the rest of us.

Denisoftus
Nov 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Can't wait, when roughly the update is released after first beta?

cmChimera
Nov 26, 2012, 04:07 PM

Vlc allows you to not use OS X native fullscreen.

Prof.
Nov 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
Yes! Yes! YES!

Unggoy Murderer
Nov 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
I use Sleep for months on end, there's slow shutdowns?

scottsjack
Nov 26, 2012, 04:50 PM
My two;

Start up and shut down times seem really long compared to what one typically experiences with Macs.

Geekbench scores between Mountain Lion, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are very close. The thing that bothers me is that ML seems so unresponsive compared to either Windows version. On Windows I click an icon and the app jumps into operation. Doing the same in ML results in the icon bouncing a few times, then the app opens at a slower pace.

The slow Mac response is the same whether on my MBP, MP or mini all of which have ML and Windows as well as Photoshop, Office, VLC, DPP and Hanbrake for both OSs.

BRyken
Nov 26, 2012, 04:52 PM
Is there a way for non-devs to get it? or does anyone know of a site that has a download link?

Dev only

noiseordinance
Nov 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
Hoping they finally get their a$$es round to sorting the borked css issues in Safari. Been there since ML release. Pi$$ poor, and expect more from Apple really.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20217633?ac_cid=op123456#20217633

I'm glad someone said this. I have major CSS rendering anomalies in Safari 6. I also have slow wakeup times and UI lag but honestly, I don't even care about any of those if my rMBP can't surf the net for s***.

ikir
Nov 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
I just hope that with that "graphics driver" part they meant fixing the damn lag on 15 rmbp.
Probably that would be impossible. I have a rMPBP, it is a dream machine but anyway with that super high resolution, lag could occasionally show especially in demanding apps.

BRyken
Nov 26, 2012, 05:14 PM
Any devs care to comment on their findings. Especially related the the mac mini display issues?

labars
Nov 26, 2012, 05:16 PM
I'm all about dem GRAPHIXXX!

Galatian
Nov 26, 2012, 05:41 PM
man, I wish 10.8.3 for rMBP 13 would come out already

This...I guess everybody else will receive 10.8.3 and we are still stuck on 10.8.1...it is getting ridiculous...I'm ready to return my new 13" rMBP. Apple essentially prevents me from using their own productivity apps.

star-affinity
Nov 26, 2012, 05:43 PM
My two;

Start up and shut down times seem really long compared to what one typically experiences with Macs.

Geekbench scores between Mountain Lion, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are very close. The thing that bothers me is that ML seems so unresponsive compared to either Windows version. On Windows I click an icon and the app jumps into operation. Doing the same in ML results in the icon bouncing a few times, then the app opens at a slower pace.

The slow Mac response is the same whether on my MBP, MP or mini all of which have ML and Windows as well as Photoshop, Office, VLC, DPP and Hanbrake for both OSs.

I agree it can be quite slow to open some Mac apps compared to Windows. An SSD of some sort is needed. On a modern MacBook Air things are next to instant in OS X. But i guess that means these things are even quicker in Windows (haven't tried Windows 7 or 8 on a computer with an SSD drive).

dixido
Nov 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
Please fix the 5 second long freeze that occurs when waking up from sleep!

bumblebritches5
Nov 26, 2012, 05:53 PM
Vlc allows you to not use OS X native fullscreen.

I've been using VLC, and it has the same linen background, is there somewhere to turn it off or something?

K, I found the "enable native fullscreen" option, unchecked it, and the linen still shows up. :/

britboyj
Nov 26, 2012, 06:04 PM
For the love of GOD let me close my laptop and have it turn into a single-display computer when it's plugged into my Thunderbolt display.

cmChimera
Nov 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
I've been using VLC, and it has the same linen background, is there somewhere to turn it off or something?

K, I found the "enable native fullscreen" option, unchecked it, and the linen still shows up. :/

I assure you, there is no linen while using VLC's fullscreen option.

For the love of GOD let me close my laptop and have it turn into a single-display computer when it's plugged into my Thunderbolt display. I can do this with HDMI, I'm pretty sure it can be done with thunderbolt.

pedrotaquelim
Nov 26, 2012, 07:04 PM
What's with all the "Please, fix this, and that..."?
Do you think Apple is reading this?
Email Apple directly.

I feel like I'm reading Santa Claus letters to North Pole. :-)

tkermit
Nov 26, 2012, 07:06 PM
What's with all the "Please, fix this, and that..."?
Do you think Apple is reading this?
Email Apple directly.

There's even a nice web form (http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html) you can use. :)

throAU
Nov 26, 2012, 07:10 PM

They have been seeded (preview shown).

They haven't been released yet, just like 10.8.3 :D

bedifferent
Nov 26, 2012, 07:19 PM
Nothing earth shattering to report. Ran a few system tests, examined app's mentioned in change-log, seems small fixes thus far.

On another note, "Game Center" on OS X just needs to go.

Moshe1010
Nov 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
Please, fix everything.

locoboi187
Nov 26, 2012, 09:33 PM
Please, fix everything.

There we go! :p

TIGOS
Nov 26, 2012, 09:44 PM

Nice! :D

Thalesian
Nov 26, 2012, 11:41 PM
This...I guess everybody else will receive 10.8.3 and we are still stuck on 10.8.1...it is getting ridiculous...I'm ready to return my new 13" rMBP. Apple essentially prevents me from using their own productivity apps.

I am running 10.8.3 on a rMBP 13' - I was pretty determined to install 10.8.2 earlier, and decided to upgrade to 10.8.3. to give it a try. (Almost) Every time I put the computer on sleep there is a bizarre issue where the Safari window and dock become completely transparent - except for text.

MacVidCards
Nov 26, 2012, 11:46 PM
As predicted by Netkas, 10.8.3 contains working drivers for a whole new generation of AMD cards.

AMD 7xxx cards now work.

AN interesting development.

JordanNZ
Nov 26, 2012, 11:53 PM
As predicted by Netkas, 10.8.3 contains working drivers for a whole new generation of AMD cards.

AMD 7xxx cards now work.

AN interesting development.

That is interesting.

Anything else interesting to report on the graphics side of things? AMD driver version vs 10.8.2, GL Extensions etc.

MacDav
Nov 27, 2012, 01:23 AM

I'm waiting for 10.10, or should that be 11 ? ;)

----------

Please fix the 5 second long freeze that occurs when waking up from sleep!

Where do you think the idea of "Waking up" comes from? Waking up takes a few seconds. ;)

tywebb13
Nov 27, 2012, 01:28 AM
It's a different installation method to previous builds. You have to download and install os_x_software_update_seed_configuration_utility first from the mac dev center. This opens the mac app store but gives you more updates than those publicly available. OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 now shows up and you have to download it from the mac app store. The dmg or pkg file is not available directly from the mac dev center anymore.

If you want to keep the mountain lion installer then after it downloads from the mac app store but before installing the update go to /Library/Updates and find the file OSXUpd10.8.3.pkg and copy it somewhere. You have to do this because after updating the installer deletes itself!

What a nuisance! Why not just put the dmg on the mac dev center?

bumblebritches5
Nov 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
I assure you, there is no linen while using VLC's fullscreen option.

I can do this with HDMI, I'm pretty sure it can be done with thunderbolt.

It doesn't on my Retina Macbook. and about the laptop lid close thingy, yeah, VLC crashes whenever I close my lid. well, to be more specific, to make it crash, I have to open VLC, close the lid, then open it again because I forgot to fullscreen it, then close it again then BAM! crash.

rmwebs
Nov 27, 2012, 03:33 AM

Glad it's not just me - the stupid thing runs several times a day now.

It was a big issue on my old Mac Pro as I had 4 drivers plus 2 externals, so all would spin up and start clicking along like crazy. Still does it on a new rMBP tho, with 1 external drive attached.

pedromartins
Nov 27, 2012, 03:46 AM
It doesn't on my Retina Macbook. and about the laptop lid close thingy, yeah, VLC crashes whenever I close my lid. well, to be more specific, to make it crash, I have to open VLC, close the lid, then open it again because I forgot to fullscreen it, then close it again then BAM! crash.

Maybe that's a VLC problem, since no other app (and the OS itself) crashes.

SvP
Nov 27, 2012, 06:09 AM
It will, if you tell it to. It's a setting.Settings-video, something about darken all screens when fullscreen (sorry i have a different language set here)

palmharbor
Nov 27, 2012, 07:36 AM
I would bet money that despite the fact that copy/ paste has not been updated since OS7 in the 90's, there will be no improvement...mail will STILL no longer permit you to bounce junk emails...it will STILL be difficult to drag photos to email,
everytime you launch software you downloaded from the net,
you will STILL get that message, "this was...do you still want to open it" But you will be able to upload 1000 more photos to facebook faster and you will be able to talk to more friends faster on face book and send your messages to your iPhone, iPad
and back to the Mac faster.:confused:

Westyfield2
Nov 27, 2012, 07:59 AM
Mac Mini HDMI?

dontpannic
Nov 27, 2012, 08:25 AM

Close lid
Plug in external keyboard/mouse
Plug into mains
Plug in external display

Press button on mouse or keyboard to wake the machine. Job done. It's the way Clamshell works.

LlamaLarry
Nov 27, 2012, 08:30 AM
What a nuisance! Why not just put the dmg on the mac dev center?This. I flipping hate downloading the seeds via MAS. Downloading the dmgs direct from the dev center (and being able to use download accelerators) is soooo much better.
It kind of made sense when they were first testing this delivery mechanism, but now it is a PITA and then the forums are littered with people with bad/incomplete downloads that cannot figure out how to restart/continue them.

Acorn
Nov 27, 2012, 09:32 AM
I dont think there is an mac mini hdmi fix in this. the hdmi graphic issue is related to intel and intel has been working on it for windows users with the same problem since june. Until intel comes up with an update for their graphics chip that works it wont make its way to apple until then.

milo
Nov 27, 2012, 10:53 AM
What does Airport have that would be of interest to developers?

Devs aren't the only testers. It probably just means they've made fixes to some Airport bugs and they want to make sure people bang on it enough to verify that things are fixed.

And as always, there are always fixes beyond what is listed. It's silly to assume something is unfixed just because they don't mention it.

bumblebritches5
Nov 27, 2012, 11:47 AM
It will, if you tell it to. It's a setting.Settings-video, something about darken all screens when fullscreen (sorry i have a different language set here)

OMG, thanks man. :D

deparko
Nov 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
sleep issues and core audio..still lots of audio crackle issues..etc

boomer0001
Nov 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
I would like a fix to the random lock ups when just browsing the web, rmbp completely locks up, can't do anything but hard shutdown and restart.

Nov 27, 2012, 04:05 PM
Another BIG fix needed: random Ethernet disconnections.

Pedicone1211
Nov 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
Can someone start a torrent for this or upload it to a file share? Since ***** shutdown I can't find OS X betas anywhere.

sazivad
Nov 27, 2012, 06:10 PM

I use full-screen Calendar, Mail, and sometimes Safari too. As long as Resume is on, the windows stay full-screen.

davidlv
Nov 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
It's a different installation method to previous builds. You have to download and install os_x_software_update_seed_configuration_utility first from the mac dev center. This opens the mac app store but gives you more updates than those publicly available. OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 now shows up and you have to download it from the mac app store. The dmg or pkg file is not available directly from the mac dev center anymore.

If you want to keep the mountain lion installer then after it downloads from the mac app store but before installing the update go to /Library/Updates and find the file OSXUpd10.8.3.pkg and copy it somewhere. You have to do this because after updating the installer deletes itself!

What a nuisance! Why not just put the dmg on the mac dev center?
What a nuisance indeed. I signed up for the program but no search on the mac dev center brings up the download mentioned above (os x software update seed configuration utility), and I may be blind but it isn't readily seen. Anyone have a link or directions so I can find it? :confused:

tywebb13
Nov 28, 2012, 01:51 AM

and then the link is https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/Mac_OS_X/os_x_mountain_lion_10.8.3_build_12d32/os_x_software_update_seed_configuration_utility.dmg

baddj
Nov 28, 2012, 01:52 AM
I wonder if the following have been fixed.

General OS lag
Slow shutdowns
Slow loading in the MAS
slow UI when waking from sleep

sigjuice
Nov 28, 2012, 03:39 AM
Devs aren't the only testers. It probably just means they've made fixes to some Airport bugs and they want to make sure people bang on it enough to verify that things are fixed.

Thanks for the clarification. I could imagine Airplay, Game Center and Graphics Drivers as being of interest to developers due to possible updates and fixes to frameworks and libraries. I am not an OS X developer, so announcements such as this have always confused me. In the past I remember scratching my head over a similar announcement which said "iTunes Match" and I couldn't fathom why and what part of iTunes Match would Apple make available to developers.

davidlv
Nov 28, 2012, 05:25 AM
and then the link is https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/Mac_OS_X/os_x_mountain_lion_10.8.3_build_12d32/os_x_software_update_seed_configuration_utility.dmg
Thanks for the reply. Tried logging in and then the link you provided, got an errormessage - Access Denied. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I suspect the link you gave me was correct but I don't meet the requirements for access.:confused:
Sent a mail/feedback message, waiting for a response now.

thomaskc
Nov 28, 2012, 06:24 AM
For the ones who cares and are curious.

Using a macbook pro 2012 non-retina (650m 1GB) these are the driver version changes I saw after installing 10.8.3 beta.

Old driver version (10.8.2)
8.6.22 304.10.20f04

New driver version (10.8.3 beta)
8.10.18 304.10.65a13

Make of it what you want, so far I haven't noticed much different. :p

Eithanius
Nov 28, 2012, 07:06 AM
For the ones who cares and are curious.

Using a macbook pro 2012 non-retina (650m 1GB) these are the driver version changes I saw after installing 10.8.3 beta.

Old driver version (10.8.2)
8.6.22 304.10.20f04

New driver version (10.8.3 beta)
8.10.18 304.10.65a13

Make of it what you want, so far I haven't noticed much different. :p

So....?

Does it fix the graphics memory leak issue...? If it doesn't, that means Apple is STILL wasting time and resources...

Look at the damn OS X build number man... measly 2-digit revisions per maintenance update compared to Snow Leopard's 3 digits...

Can someone please fire Craig Federighi as well...? I think OS X has more priority than that stupid paltry Maps...

mus0r
Nov 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
Any devs care to comment on their findings. Especially related the the mac mini display issues?

Yes please :)

GIZBUG
Nov 28, 2012, 07:16 PM
Runs stable on my Mac Air (2011) model, haven't noticed anything different over previous public build to be honest.

koen
Nov 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
Complaining and whining on this forum about things that don't work is useless. You'll have more luck to tell Apple directly at http://www.apple.com/feedback

PurrBall
Nov 28, 2012, 09:44 PM
GPU switching is much faster now on my 2011 MBP.

AndersBrohus
Nov 29, 2012, 07:59 AM
I'm running it right now, but Safari is not very stable right now.. :/

pedromartins
Nov 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
I wonder if the following have been fixed.

General OS lag
Slow shutdowns
Slow loading in the MAS
slow UI when waking from sleep

ML has 0 lag on 2011 i7 air.

TIGOS
Nov 29, 2012, 09:05 AM
With 10.8.3 my mbp 13 i5 early 2011 now have Intel HD3000 with 512mb ?
http://i.imgur.com/FF0sr.png

http://i.imgur.com/yDbtR.png

Eithanius
Nov 29, 2012, 09:07 AM
ML has 0 lag on 2011 i7 air.

Maybe I should help baddj rephrase his point... :p

General OS GUI lag... :mad::mad:

That's more like it... :D

pedromartins
Nov 29, 2012, 09:20 AM
With 10.8.3 my mbp 13 i5 early 2011 now have Intel HD3000 with 512mb ?

it always had since you installed 8gb ram.

beestigbeestje
Nov 29, 2012, 10:21 AM
I'm having random lockups every now and then on this beta.
Music keeps playing but the screen is frozen for 30 sec+

No faster shutdown
Graphics performance is still very questionable since that efi update on my retina mbp.

AndersBrohus
Nov 29, 2012, 01:41 PM

No faster shutdown
Graphics performance is still very questionable since that efi update on my retina mbp.

Same here :/ Too bad i upgraded, lets hope for an update soon!

j-a-x
Dec 1, 2012, 12:56 PM
I'm a developer running 10.8.3 and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this point. I've had 3 crashes already today, at least one of which was related to OpenGL. At least my Retina MacBook Pro only takes 5 seconds to reboot but it's still annoying. Hopefully subsequent betas will be better.

AndersBrohus
Dec 1, 2012, 04:05 PM
I'm a developer running 10.8.3 and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this point. I've had 3 crashes already today, at least one of which was related to OpenGL. At least my Retina MacBook Pro only takes 5 seconds to reboot but it's still annoying. Hopefully subsequent betas will be better.

That's also how i see it..

baddj
Dec 1, 2012, 05:17 PM
Maybe I should help baddj rephrase his point... :p

General OS GUI lag... :mad::mad:

That's more like it... :D

Yes that's what i mean.

j-a-x
Dec 2, 2012, 12:26 AM
Just had another 3 crashes tonight. Last one was a kernel panic while viewing photos in Aperture. This build is the least stable beta build I've seen from Apple in a while. Generally even the Mountain Lion pre release builds were better than this.

tywebb13
Dec 2, 2012, 05:31 AM
have you tried fixing it with techtool pro?

MAKRUMORS
Dec 2, 2012, 06:20 AM
i cant wait for osx sea lion to come out i've said to much !

AndersBrohus
Dec 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
Just had another 3 crashes tonight. Last one was a kernel panic while viewing photos in Aperture. This build is the least stable beta build I've seen from Apple in a while. Generally even the Mountain Lion pre release builds were better than this.

I agree with this is the least stable beta that Apple have given us in LOOONNGGG Time!

MacRumorUser
Dec 2, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hopefully this will solve my constantly dropping wifi connection since 10.8 :(

Tried all the interim fixes to no avail so far.

Humex
Dec 3, 2012, 07:08 AM
OSX 10.8.3 beta freezes my screen (Nvidia drivers involved?). I encounter this problem more often on Safari in full screen which forces me to restart the mac.
I have a Macbook Pro 4.1
http://d.pr/i/jT2W

chrfr
Dec 3, 2012, 08:56 AM
OSX 10.8.3 beta freezes my screen (Nvidia drivers involved?). I encounter this problem more often on Safari in full screen which forces me to restart the mac.
I have a Macbook Pro 4.1

I had that happen on one of those too, but assumed that it's the Nvidia chip failing.

PurrBall
Dec 3, 2012, 09:23 AM
Cmd-Return now sends a Tweet on the tweet share sheet. Finally.

Sweetfeld28
Dec 3, 2012, 10:15 AM

No faster shutdown

Same here :/ Too bad i upgraded, lets hope for an update soon!

Do you both use nVidia CUDA drivers? On my laptop, my graphics seem erratic just like yours, but I did notice after I reboot my CUDA pref requests for me to update the drivers. However the latest ones are already installed.

----------

I have a Macbook Pro 4.1

This is the same thing that I have been getting. However when this happens on my laptop it locks up the whole OS, but if I am listening to music it continues to play. This then forces me to reboot, once I do that, CUDA then tells me a Driver update is required. However, I have the latest driver [CUDA 5.0.37].

AndersBrohus
Dec 3, 2012, 10:42 AM
Do you both use nVidia CUDA drivers? On my laptop, my graphics seem erratic just like yours, but I did notice after I reboot my CUDA pref requests for me to update the drivers. However the latest ones are already installed.

----------

This is the same thing that I have been getting. However when this happens on my laptop it locks up the whole OS, but if I am listening to music it continues to play. This then forces me to reboot, once I do that, CUDA then tells me a Driver update is required. However, I have the latest driver [CUDA 5.0.37].

After i switched to Mac i do not think about drivers, so i dont know :P

Humex
Dec 3, 2012, 10:48 AM

I deleted the CUDA driver and I still have this problem.

Eithanius
Dec 3, 2012, 11:26 AM
Bottom line is, graphics are crap ever since Lion... Mountain Lion is no different. Enough is said... :mad:

Sweetfeld28
Dec 3, 2012, 11:26 AM
After i switched to Mac i do not think about drivers, so i dont know :P

Thanks for the info.

beestigbeestje
Dec 4, 2012, 09:48 AM

I've got it narrowed down. The issue only happens when switching to integrated gpu. If I enable gfxCardStatus and lock any gpu, the freezes don't occur anymore.
So there is something wrong with automatisch switching. I suggest turning it off and do it manually with gfxCardStatus until another beta comes out.
I'm not using CUDA drivers

Humex
Dec 4, 2012, 01:19 PM
For CUDA Driver, Nvidia is already aware of the problem.
http://d.pr/i/5seZ

beestigbeestje
Dec 5, 2012, 05:25 PM
The problem is gone for me in Build 12D38

gspannu
Dec 5, 2012, 08:01 PM
I can't seem to download the just released Build 12D38.

I have logged into my Dev Account - downloaded the Software Update Package. Installed & Run this...
Tried Software Update... but just get 'No Updates'.

Stuck at Build 12D32....

Any ideas as to how to force the new update !

Risco
Dec 5, 2012, 08:09 PM
I can't seem to download the just released Build 12D38.

I have logged into my Dev Account - downloaded the Software Update Package. Installed & Run this...
Tried Software Update... but just get 'No Updates'.

Stuck at Build 12D32....

Any ideas as to how to force the new update !

This might answer your question.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/12/05/developers-can-now-update-os-x-beta-builds-through-software-update

ixodes
Dec 5, 2012, 08:12 PM
It's encouraging to see Apple working diligently to improve OS X. Each time they rev it, the performance gets closer to where it needs to be.

Humex
Dec 6, 2012, 10:19 PM
Problems graphics solved with build 12D38 by cons it is the turn of the Safari browser to crash without stopping.

carter2
Dec 8, 2012, 11:36 AM
I hope 10.9 will be here soon!

GIZBUG
Dec 8, 2012, 12:04 PM
I hope 10.9 will be here soon!

Probably spring

tywebb13
Dec 9, 2012, 02:03 PM
users are required to install the OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility in order to upgrade to the build.

actually this is no longer necessary.

apple have now put the dmg files onto the mac dev center and have modified the seed note to say:

Installation Instructions

You can install this update using the 1) OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility OR 2) Combo or delta manual update

1) OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility

- If you have already installed the "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility", choose "Software Update" from the Apple menu. Otherwise, proceed with the following steps.
- Log into your Apple Developer account and download the "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility".

- After running the installer, the Mac App Store will open automatically. Click on the Updates panel and OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 build 12D38 will now be available for download.

- When a newer seed build is available, you will receive a notification to update from the Mac App Store. Click the notification to begin the installation. New seed notes will be posted in the Mac Dev Center.

- To stop receiving new seed builds, go to the Software Update Preference in System Preferences and where it says "Your computer is set to receive pre- release Software Update seeds", press the "Change..." button.
Note: If you are using a computer which gets its updates from a local Software Update server, the OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility will reconfigure your machine to use Apple's Software Update servers. Your computer must be able to connect to Apple's Software Update servers to install the seed. We recommend that you remove any Configuration Profile that specifies a local Software Update server before installing the OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility.

2) Combo or delta manual update
- Log into your Apple Developer account and download the OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Update (Combo or Delta).
- The OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Update (Combo) updates:
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, 10.8.1, 10.8.2 GM, or previous seeds of 10.8.3.
- The OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Update (Delta) updates:
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 GM or previous seed builds of 10.8.3.

Mac... nificent
Dec 10, 2012, 11:09 AM
Mac Mini HDMI?

All Apple has said is 30 - 60 days for a software update. Not sure if they are referring to 10.8.3 or a firmware update.

ssamimacify
Dec 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
I regret that I installed this update. Half of the apps doesn't work at all. and others may open at first time, and if i close them, they don't start again.

Waiting for new update....

jamesarm97
Dec 10, 2012, 08:17 PM
Exact same problem here. Do not update. Apps MAY load once then after that they will just bounce a few times and lock up.

I regret that I installed this update. Half of the apps doesn't work at all. and others may open at first time, and if i close them, they don't start again.

Waiting for new update....

filippaulsen
Dec 17, 2012, 05:08 AM
Probably spring

This is the reason why we currently have an OS that should have been discontinued and burned!

Please Apple, don't stress making new operating systems, but please hurry ****ing up fixing the major bugs in the current one instead.

ssamimacify
Dec 18, 2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the new version (which drops today) my mac works again, like it should.

tywebb13
Dec 18, 2012, 04:55 PM
yeah.

it's build 12d43 now but alas the dmgs are not yet available and you have to get it through the mas again.

but the dmgs should go up onto the mac dev center soon