Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
Maybe a graphics fix for the Mac Mini:

We have known for quite some time that the beta would be dropping any time soon, with Apple taking the steps at the end of last month to invite individuals to the seeding program for the software, but it is only now that it has been released.

As part of the beta release, a number of focus areas are being looked at, including AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center and graphics drivers. The build also features a number of known issues with Safari 6.0.2, as well as distorted graphics when quick-switching between running apps using the Command+Tab shortcut.

More details available here.

Any devs out there who are part of the beta program? Who will be testing this?

This maybe the fix for the black screen issues and washed out colours, but I guess only time will tell :confused:

Last edited:

24Frames

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2012
I suspect not, the Mac mini isn't the only Mac using Intel graphics.
It seems more likely that there will be a firmware update to fix this.
I hope I'm wrong, but that's how it seems to me.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
I suspect not, the Mac mini isn't the only Mac using Intel graphics.
It seems more likely that there will be a firmware update to fix this.
I hope I'm wrong, but that's how it seems to me.

Out of interest how do we receive firmware updates? I am guessing through the normal software update?

Was running a Hackintosh before so didn't get any.

madmin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Maybe a graphics fix for the Mac Mini:

More details available here.

Any devs out there who are part of the beta program? Who will be testing this?

I've just installed this on a macmini6,2 2.6 and it seems to be running fine. Build number is 12D32. Still see some sandbox type errors in syslog but less than before the upgrade. For example the spotlight related ones seem to have stopped. Of course I'm not allowed to go into more detail due to the NDA.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
I've just installed this on a macmini6,2 2.6 and it seems to be running fine. Build number is 12D32. Still see some sandbox type errors in syslog but less than before the upgrade. For example the spotlight related ones seem to have stopped. Of course I'm not allowed to go into more detail due to the NDA.

Thanks for the feedback sounds hopeful :)

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2010

MORE IMPORTANTLY, CAN YOU TELL US IF THE SCREEN BLINKING ISSUE IS FIXED WITH 10.8.3?
(I.e. were you having screen blinking/going dark before? And are you still having those problems now with the beta?)

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
MORE IMPORTANTLY, CAN YOU TELL US IF THE SCREEN BLINKING ISSUE IS FIXED WITH 10.8.3?
(I.e. were you having screen blinking/going dark before? And are you still having those problems now with the beta?)

Yes, can you test HDMI and HDMI->DVI setups for blank/snow screen issue? Thx!

madmin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Yes, can you test HDMI and HDMI->DVI setups for blank/snow screen issue? Thx!

Sorry to disappoint but I've never had any issues at all using my thunderbolt display or even the times I when I've tested another display with hdmi, before or since upgrading.

I did have some spotlight issues which were duly reported by syslog and these have since stopped being reported and seem good. Previous to upgrading I had tried several remedies which all failed to cure this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.