Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucifielle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
I purchased Sparrow a month ago and I cannot deny how useful it's been. However, I recently updated the app in the App store, and lo and behold, it crashes whenever I try to load it.

I am using Sprint. I have an iPhone 4S running iOS6. Any help in resolving the issue of Sparrow crashing on me would be greatly appreciated. :(

Lucifielle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Hi, so, I deleted it, performed a hard reboot through clicking the home key & power button at the top, reinstalled it, and it didn't do anything. I think it's probably something with the new version of the app that's causing these problems for me. Is there anyway I can select a diff version? I looked for support topics on the official website, but there really didn't seem to be any to address my problems. :X

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Not sure about that. I downloaded it the other day on my new iPhone 5 and it works perfectly. I wouldn't suggest a full restore, but if you have the time on your hands for that, it might work.

Lucifielle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Welp, there goes my love for Apple products again. Buy an app, set it up, update it, magically stop working. o/ All I wanted this phone to do was browse the internet via Dolphin, check my e-mail accounts via Sparrow, and text message through my service provider! And it hasn't been able to do that! Wagh! Must I jailbreak you, iPhone 4S? I wanted you for simplicity! ;_;

Alvaro Bernedo

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
You can solve this by using iTools

Hi,

I ran into the same issue and nothing would work. What I did in the end was to use the .IPA file of the previous version of Sparrow and transfer it to my 4S using iTools.

It worked like a charm, although you will have a pending update in the App Store for as long as it takes Sparrow's developers to update their app.

I wrote a tutorial on how to transfer Apps to your iPhone using iTools instead of iTunes if you need more help.

http://www.guidingtech.com/16025/itools-transfer-apps-iphone-without-itunes/

Lucifielle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Thanks Alvaro. I'm gonna have to take this route because it's crashing on me again! It's so ****ing frustrating. Google buys them out, they stop properly supporting their application, and still Google does not release a multi-account version of GMail for iOS! I want to cry. :( But thank you for your help.

EDIT:

It was apparently a contacts permission issue which was solved by going into settings and allowing Sparrow access to them, but they patched it so you don't even have to do that anymore. <3

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.