Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
Ok,

I am experiencing something weird. I have always (so I thought) imported LiveType files (my titles) into FCE without rendering them or changing them to .mov files. (I would eventually have to render them in FCE's timeline)

And, From FCE I have always been able to add the titles from the bin to the timeline, then right click on the title (choosing "open in editor") and fix it if I didn't like something about it.

Today, all of a sudden, I can't import a LT .ipr file unless while in LT. I now have to choose "render movie" and make it a .mov file to get it to import into FCE. My friend says that is the way he has always done it, but then you lose the editing ability while in FCE.

How come FCE will not allow me to import the ipr files anymore. I used to do it all the time....or I used to not have to "render movie" in LT before importing them to FCE.

Help...I'm dying....

CRD

wbhambone

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2005
Wales
I had the same issue. Did a re-install of FCE and it will now recognize my Live Type projects and import them just fine.

bh

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
Thanks wbhambone, will try. I appreciate the info, hope this helps others.

CRD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.