PDA

View Full Version : color shades on a burnt DVD?

quigleybc
Sep 16, 2005, 12:48 PM
Hi,
I have a new iMacG5 with SuperDrive. After 3 successfull months of use, I no longer can burn a dvd-r that doesn't skip, or freeze towards the end (tried every brand, every speed). :(

When i burn the same VideoTS files in my friends' G5 (by using the same dvds)there is no problem at all. Also, problematic area(outer most) on the burnt DVD is a shade brighter than the core. Is my Super drive broken?
I'd appreciate any comments that saves me a trip to service...
Thanks

Artful Dodger
Sep 16, 2005, 01:03 PM
Hello, one thing I learned from what you have going on is to lower your output of the DVD from 4472-4350 and that has helped a lot. Some dvds can get iffy at the end (outer edge) of the dvd, more like the die I should say. Since your drive is vertical and not horizontal it could make a difference.
When was the last time you repaired your permissions? Try that as well (my eMac did the same until I repaired them). Yeah odd as it may sound it worked but if not time to make a call to Apple.

quigleybc
Sep 16, 2005, 04:49 PM
Hello, one thing I learned from what you have going on is to lower your output of the DVD from 4472-4350 and that has helped a lot. Some dvds can get iffy at the end (outer edge) of the dvd, more like the die I should say. Since your drive is vertical and not horizontal it could make a difference.
When was the last time you repaired your permissions? Try that as well (my eMac did the same until I repaired them). Yeah odd as it may sound it worked but if not time to make a call to Apple.

Thank you for your reply.

I'll try your suggestions :)