Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

socult

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Australia
Forgive me if you've all addressed this before but I've trawled through the internet for days looking for an answer and I'm about to give up.

I am only new to Mac computing and after downloading Assassin's Creed II I'm frustrated with the Keyboard gaming layout.

I purchased the Logitech F310 Gamepad after reading that it worked on a Mac. I've turned it over and switched the controller to D instead of X and my Mac is actually recognising that yes, the gamepad is indeed connected.

Yet it won't come up in ACII.

Then I downloaded an app called Joystick Mapper which did not help, and then secondly the Gamepad Companion app and that did not help either (although admittedly, I had no guide as how to use Gamepad Companion so that could just be me being an idiot).

Now I've read posts that people have said that it is simply impossible to use a gamepad with ACII. And then some people say that they've done it, but then never elaborate on how.

Can anyone give me any enlightenment on this issue? Should I just give up and try to embrace my keyboard or is there a way to fix it?

I have a brand new Macbook Pro 13' running Lion if that offers any more info?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Forgive me if you've all addressed this before but I've trawled through the internet for days looking for an answer and I'm about to give up.

I am only new to Mac computing and after downloading Assassin's Creed II I'm frustrated with the Keyboard gaming layout.

I purchased the Logitech F310 Gamepad after reading that it worked on a Mac. I've turned it over and switched the controller to D instead of X and my Mac is actually recognising that yes, the gamepad is indeed connected.

Yet it won't come up in ACII.

Then I downloaded an app called Joystick Mapper which did not help, and then secondly the Gamepad Companion app and that did not help either (although admittedly, I had no guide as how to use Gamepad Companion so that could just be me being an idiot).

Now I've read posts that people have said that it is simply impossible to use a gamepad with ACII. And then some people say that they've done it, but then never elaborate on how.

Can anyone give me any enlightenment on this issue? Should I just give up and try to embrace my keyboard or is there a way to fix it?

I have a brand new Macbook Pro 13' running Lion if that offers any more info?

I don't have a copy of the game but if it does support gamepads (always good to check) then make sure you push the switch on the F510 to "D" mode and then plug it into your Mac. If it is on the 'X' mode it means it is acting like an XBox 360 pad and would need drivers to be recognised by the OS before the game can use the pad.

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.