PDA

View Full Version : help! with airport on mac mini

nanc
Sep 16, 2005, 11:08 PM
ok i just bought a mac mini 1.42 new with bluetooth and airport. i also have an older hp computer that has the router and dsl modem hooked up. with that said i tryed to connect my aiport card to my wireless d-link router and it found the connection but can not connecto anything at all. now when i go into the settings it says it is connected and it as full connection. but i can not get on safari anything at all. anyone got ideas? i am completly lost. :(

mad jew
Sep 16, 2005, 11:16 PM
So you have a wireless router which is distributing the 'net to the HP wirelessly? The mini is connecting to the network but will go no further (will not connect to the internet)?

In the System Preferences, under the Network settings, have you tried pressing the Assist Me button down the bottom left? It will give you two options from memory. Firstly, it will ask if you want to run a diagnostic test which will help determine which part of your network is lagging/faulty. The second option (and the default one) is the Assistant which will hopefully help you get set up on this network. I recommend running this Assistant, it is very helpful in most circumstances. :)