Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Yahoo! just posted a new trailer for 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' on their home page. Oh. My. God.

Harry Potter Trailer

I'll be seeing this at the Odeon Cinema Leicester Square on November 18th (Sooner, if possible). If anyone living in the London area wants to hear me squeal like a pre-pubescent girl, this will be your chance.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
When I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the HP trailer came on and people were whistling and screaming... :D I'll be waiting in line to see it the day it comes out.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
I like the way the title of this thread really let me know what the subject was.
Waste. Of. Time.
Pet Peeve

On topic, not a big HP fan. Load of derivative stuff, would rather see the Discworld books made into films.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Very nice. My wife will be pleased, she is a big "Harry Potter" fan. Will probably wait for the DVD. We have them all so far. :)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I read all 4 of the first HP books. Sadly, I can't remember anything past the first book. Seeing the HP4 trailer brought back absolutely no recollection. I am old.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Coles Notes on Harry Potter (use interchangeably for books 1 through 17)

Harry is miserable at his lumpen relatives' home.
He meets his friends and they travel to wizard school.
One or more of the teachers is evil.
Bad things start happening.
Nobody understands what is going on except maybe Dumbledore and he's not telling.
Harry and friends struggle to decipher the mystery, thereby putting themselves, the school and possibly the world in dire danger.
Through pluck and magic and good luck they save the day.
The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is discredited, banished, killed or transformed into a non-human object.
The school year and the book end.

Rinse.
Repeat.

Secondary rule 1: Starting in book 3, Harry discovers hormones

Secondary rule 2: Each book must be 100 pages longer than the previous.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
ColoJohnBoy said:
I'll be seeing this at the Odeon Cinema Leicester Square on November 18th (Sooner, if possible). If anyone living in the London area wants to hear me squeal like a pre-pubescent girl, this will be your chance.

A bit off-topic: Whatcha doing in London then? Vacation?

ahunter3

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2003
Are Durmstrang and Beauxbatons single-sex Wizarding schools?

I don't recall the book itself ever saying so, but I also don't recall mention-by-name of any female Durmstrang student or male Beauxbatons student, and in the trailer linked above Dumbledore says something like "Welcome the gentlemen from Durmstrang and the ladies from Beauxbatons", and sure enough the contingents from each school look single-sex.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
ColoJohnBoy said:
If anyone living in the London area wants to hear me squeal like a pre-pubescent girl, this will be your chance.

I'll remember to keep my ears covered!! :p

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Trailer looks great!
This is definitely one I'll be checkingout.

Must remember to re-read the book before it is released.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Dr. Dastardly said:
I don't know about anyone else but I thought the 4th book was by far the best. Can't wait to see the movie but I really hope they didn't cut too much out. Seeing as it was like 700 pages.
I agree so far, the 4th book was my favorite!

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
the trailer is great! me and my husband can't wait to see it. i do believe i need to re-read the books as well, since i seem to have forgotten many details from the first few. or, maybe i'll buy the audio books from itunes and listen to them as i drive to and from work. that at least might make my commute more entertaining...

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
CanadaRAM said:
Can't make it

Please post an mp3....

:p

Just for you ;)

Blue Velvet said:
A bit off-topic: Whatcha doing in London then? Vacation?

Seeing 'Harry Potter'. Seriously. That's the primary purpose of the trip. I've seen all three films there, opening day, at Leicester Square. I was living in Spain when the first came out, so it wasn't terribly out of my way. Decided just to make a tradition of it. :)

Applespider

macrumors G4
ColoJohnBoy said:
Seeing 'Harry Potter'. Seriously. That's the primary purpose of the trip. I've seen all three films there, opening day, at Leicester Square. I was living in Spain when the first came out, so it wasn't terribly out of my way. Decided just to make a tradition of it. :)

Expensive tradition! I loathe the Odeon in Leicester Square; it's the most uncomfortable, dirty overpriced cinema in the country. On celebrity premiere nights, they must bring in cushions for the seats or they show the movie while the celebs stay in the bar. I do like when they decorate the rest of Leicester Square to make it themed though.

I'm hoping the Apollo (round the corner from Piccadilly Circus) does the HP previews since it's my favourite London cinema

Are you going to try to see HP & the Goblet of Fire at the IMAX too while you're in London. It supposedly comes out the same day. I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory there which was v cool on the enormous screen

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
I don't think the 2 foreign schools are single-sex. In the book, it did mention that Harry and Ron's date went to dance with the Beauxbaton boys -> therefore it is not single-sex. No mention of Durmstrang but I think the director just want to make it simple since in the trailer, it does look like so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.