Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

No Regrets

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
I was wondering if people were experiencing similar scratch/scuff issues with the new iPad mini like they were with the new iPhone 5?

I haven't experienced any problems with my white iPhone 5 yet and it's been naked other than using a bumper on it. I just ordered the white mini and was wondering what peoples experiences have been.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
That's good to hear!

Just noticed 10 minutes ago that I have 1 nick on one corner on the chamfered edge and then on the opposite corner along the Lightning port edge there seems to be some slight chipping... looks like a slice of paint was rubbed off the corner. :(

Nothing on the back, but I bought a skin to cover that. I'm a bit miffed that the edge started falling apart this early in the game. My iPad one had barely a nick after 3 years of usage.

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Just noticed 10 minutes ago that I have 1 nick on one corner on the chamfered edge and then on the opposite corner along the Lightning port edge there seems to be some slight chipping... looks like a slice of paint was rubbed off the corner. :(

Nothing on the back, but I bought a skin to cover that. I'm a bit miffed that the edge started falling apart this early in the game. My iPad one had barely a nick after 3 years of usage.

Is yours the white or black model? Thanks in advance.

andytvcams

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2012
Ive just read on the UK Forums of the ipad 4 Glass starting to crack were you would normally hold it with one hand while typing with the other.

Both have taken them back to the Apple dealers who have agreed that nothing has been dropped on them but are refusing to replace the glass as its not covered under warranty.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Ive just read on the UK Forums of the ipad 4 Glass starting to crack were you would normally hold it with one hand while typing with the other.

Both have taken them back to the Apple dealers who have agreed that nothing has been dropped on them but are refusing to replace the glass as its not covered under warranty.

This thread is about the mini, not the iPad 4. That said, just how in the heck could any Apple tech know that someone's devise with a cracked screen was NOT dropped?

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Tomory

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
My Mini iPad screen stopped working.

I bought my mini iPad not up to weeks, Its working quite fine for some time,I used it and put on my table, taken it back I can click anything from the screen again, its rotating doing all the rest but i can't click anything from the screen again, can some one pls help cos is getting me crazy.
:mad::mad:

iPhonesandMacs

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012

they should probably take it to an actual apple store not just an authorized dealer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.