PDA

View Full Version : Printer Sharing from my new Powerbook to my PC?

BiikeMike
Sep 17, 2005, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, and new to Macs. Just got a 15" Powerbook and I'm loving it so far :)

I'm wondering how to set up printer sharing to my Desktop PC through my Wireless network. Supposedly its supposed to be easy, buuuuuttt..... I can't figure it out :)

varmit
Sep 17, 2005, 03:13 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, and new to Macs. Just got a 15" Powerbook and I'm loving it so far :)

I'm wondering how to set up printer sharing to my Desktop PC through my Wireless network. Supposedly its supposed to be easy, buuuuuttt..... I can't figure it out :)
Click on System Preferences in the Dock, The White Square with the Apple, Click on Sharing in the third line. Put a check in the Printer Sharing box. All done.

Well, then on the PC you do an Add printer, and Find it though the network. Might also whan to turn on Window Sharing on your Mac so you can send files back and forth.

mad jew
Sep 17, 2005, 10:41 PM
Also, try installing Bonjour for Windows (http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bonjourforwindows_readme.html) on the PC. It quite often makes the process easier. :)