PDA

View Full Version : Friend picked iBook up by sides of screen...do you think he did damage?

Dustintendo
Sep 17, 2005, 10:22 PM
It seems fine and nothing is loose or broken...but do you think he put alot of stress on the hinge by doing that?

EricNau
Sep 17, 2005, 10:37 PM
I really doubt it ... but there is really no way of knowing, it would be best just not to worry about it. If you really can't get it out of your head I suppose you could take it to an Apple Store, but I'm not so sure they would take the time to look at it unless there was obvious damage you could point out.

NEENAHBOY
Sep 17, 2005, 10:42 PM
but do you think he put alot of stress on the hinge by doing that?

Doubt it, but maybe you should get some new friends :D

Sun Baked
Sep 17, 2005, 10:44 PM
Pick him up by his ears and shake him like a rag doll ... ;)

mpopkin
Sep 17, 2005, 10:49 PM
It seems fine and nothing is loose or broken...but do you think he put alot of stress on the hinge by doing that?

nah, it is designed for that kinda damage. it is a all purpose notebook as they say, but i would get angry at your friends for being generally stupid

Duff-Man
Sep 17, 2005, 11:13 PM
Duff-Man says...yeah, it should be okay...it will take that kind of thing once in while but I would not carry it that way all the time (duh)...oh yeah!

Dustintendo
Sep 17, 2005, 11:51 PM
nah, it is designed for that kinda damage. it is a all purpose notebook as they say, but i would get angry at your friends for being generally stupid

dont worry, i informed him that id muder his family if he ever did it again

WillMak
Sep 18, 2005, 12:24 AM
It''ll be fine. The worst thing I can see happening is your hinge beccoming a little loose but that's a fixable problem anyway.

mcarnes
Sep 18, 2005, 12:30 AM
It will probably quit working in 3-4 weeks. You should sell it on ebay while you can before it dies.

EricNau
Sep 18, 2005, 01:52 AM
originally posted by mcarnes
It will probably quit working in 3-4 weeks. You should sell it on ebay while you can before it dies.

I agree, I'll start the bidding at $17.50 :D