Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dustintendo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
It seems fine and nothing is loose or broken...but do you think he put alot of stress on the hinge by doing that?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I really doubt it ... but there is really no way of knowing, it would be best just not to worry about it. If you really can't get it out of your head I suppose you could take it to an Apple Store, but I'm not so sure they would take the time to look at it unless there was obvious damage you could point out.

mpopkin

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Dustintendo said:
It seems fine and nothing is loose or broken...but do you think he put alot of stress on the hinge by doing that?

nah, it is designed for that kinda damage. it is a all purpose notebook as they say, but i would get angry at your friends for being generally stupid

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...yeah, it should be okay...it will take that kind of thing once in while but I would not carry it that way all the time (duh)...oh yeah!

Dustintendo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
mpopkin said:
nah, it is designed for that kinda damage. it is a all purpose notebook as they say, but i would get angry at your friends for being generally stupid

dont worry, i informed him that id muder his family if he ever did it again

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
It''ll be fine. The worst thing I can see happening is your hinge beccoming a little loose but that's a fixable problem anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.