PDA

View Full Version : Jaybird Bluebuds X

sand_man
Nov 30, 2012, 12:45 PM
Possibly one of the most contrived projects in the history of headphones, these bluetooth wireless headphones have been almost 3 years in the making.

Just placed my order for a pair here. (http://www.jaybirdgear.com/)

I've used the Jaybird Freedoms (http://www.jaybirdgear.com/freedom-bluetooth-headphones/) for the last year or so and they've been absolutely fantastic!!

Really looking forward to this new release from a very under rated brand!!

sand_man
Dec 6, 2012, 05:55 AM
Got them and all I can say is WOW!!!! Simply superb!! They ooze class from every pore!! From the packaging to the plethora of ear-buds included in the box, to the patented sports ear cushions, pure quality!! The loss of signal outdoors that plagued the Freedoms seems to have been resolved and call quality looks to have been vastly improved too. The voice prompts are surprisingly handy and informative as is the battery level display on the iPhone status-bar. And then there is the sound quality!!! Accurate, detailed, rich and clean!!!! My only complaint is the volume, how I yearn for 3db-4db more!!! Very difficult to find fault with these headphones, they outstanding!!! I doubt I will ever don a pair of wired headphones again. The gap in performance between the 2 has been well and truly bridged. A job well done Jaybird. The Bluebuds X were well worth the wait!!!

goocy
Dec 21, 2012, 05:17 AM
I got my Bluebuds X today, having worn cable-based in-ears for four years.
As a newbie to bluetooth headsets, the process was surprisingly simple. The headphones came halfway pre-charged, so I only had to turn them on and start pairing. A tiny LED hinted at me that these earplugs are packed with electronics, however small they are.
The "Wow" moment came when I hit play on my phone, and the sound didn't come out of the speakers as usual, but out of this tiny device wrapped around my neck.

The cable has a very comfortable length, the fit is good, sound quality and battery life are amazing. The earplugs stick out of my ears with about half their length - just barely comfortable under the tight fit of a motorcycle helmet. For motorcycle enthusiasts, I'd probably recommend something with a flatter end. But as an allrounder and all-day in-ear device, it's great to have.

sand_man
Dec 22, 2012, 09:30 AM
Barely a month old and I've run into a bit of a snag. The control panel on my Bluebuds x is not responding, so no powering up/down (they currently on), no volume up/down, no forward/rewind tracks, no voice call activation etc etc etc

I'm waiting for them to run out of charge. I'm hoping this might force some kind of a reset but that seems unlikely.

I've contacted Jaybird support and eagerly await their response.:(

unluckyalf
Jan 5, 2013, 01:24 AM
Hi Sand Man,

like you I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Jaybirds B X's, but I delayed parting with the 169 until I saw some reviews. As most of the reviews were praising the earbuds, one reviewer highlighted the fact that the in-line control appears not to be sweat proof. This may be what your experiencing! Noting this I Contacted Jaybird to confirm or deny this and as yet they haven't responded and I don't believe they will. If I was you I would return them under there defects and lifetime sweat proof warranty.

Let me know how you get on?

sand_man
Jan 5, 2013, 02:33 AM
I emailed Jaybird support on the 22nd of December 2012 and got this reply on the 30th of December 2012.

Thank you for contacting JayBird online support. Due to the release of our latest headset we have experienced a few delays in our department so I apologize deeply and thank you for your patience.

I'm deeply sorry to hear that you're having problems with your BlueBuds. It sounds to me like what your experiencing could be caused by sweat. What I can do is provide some instructions on how to fill out an online claim. Once that is completed and the old defective headset is received we will send you that new pair.

1) Go to http://www.jaybirdstore.com and click on My Account. If you're a new customer then create an account by clicking Continue under I'm a New Customer. If you're an existing customer then log on to your account by entering your email address and password.
2) After you log in to your account, click on Request a Return in the middle section titled Orders.
3) Fill out the Detailed Reason for Return and Item fields. Once those are filled out verify your shipping address and your email address. When finished, click the Submit button.
4) At that point you must wait for an emailed response from JayBird, which will arrive within 24 business hours. The email address that will be contacted is the username of the account that the RMA was filled out under.

I hope this information was of help to you and if there is any other questions or concerns you may have feel free to give us a call or send an email to support@jaybirdsport.com Thanks for choosing Jaybird!

sincerely,

JOE PERSCHON // SERVICE AGENT
CS: 1.866.244.3399 // jaybirdsport.com

I completed the request to return on the 30th of December 2012 and am still waiting for an emailed response from Jaybird.

Must say, the whole experience has left me some what disappointed. Was really enjoying them!!

Including customs and shipping to my street address in Johannesburg, South Africa, these Bluebuds cost me around $280. :mad:

sand_man
Jan 5, 2013, 06:30 AM
Just got this from Judd Armstrong...

Brent, Your replacement unit will feature a new nano technology which repels sweat. Pretty amazing technology. Check it out at liquipel.com. Will also feature a ridge along the top to locate the secure fit ear cushions a little better. A couple of running changes to the product that didn't quite make it in time for the launch. I'm confident you'll be impressed with the replacement unit. Keep me in the loop!

MurkyDave
Jan 6, 2013, 11:04 AM
Same problems over here bro. I can charge the set up, but the buttons don't function like before.So i wasn't the only one encountering this problem. such a hassle to make an exchange. im still waiting for their reply about my set.

sand_man
Jan 8, 2013, 02:23 AM
Replacement pair on the way. :)

sand_man
Jan 8, 2013, 03:51 PM
More on liquipel.

http://www.redmondpie.com/liquipel-2.0-invisible-waterproof-casing-announced-takes-your-iphone-to-newer-depths-video/

sand_man
Jan 14, 2013, 01:41 PM
Replacement pair received. Holding thumbs they don't fail!!!!

yanki01
Jan 15, 2013, 07:00 AM
currently have the freedom and will purchase these very soon. has anyone changed the tips on these? I tweeted Comply Foam tips to see what size would work and they said none of their tips will work which sucks! anyone have any luck with Comply fitting??

digitalmedia
Jan 17, 2013, 03:03 AM
If you thought Jay Bird\'s Freedom Sprint headphones were the only pair the company had planned for release this year, think again.

burnside
Jan 18, 2013, 03:52 PM
currently have the freedom and will purchase these very soon. has anyone changed the tips on these? I tweeted Comply Foam tips to see what size would work and they said none of their tips will work which sucks! anyone have any luck with Comply fitting??

I have heard of different people on the web being able to very carefully fit some of the Comply tips on like the Tx500.

yanki01
Jan 19, 2013, 08:24 PM
Ordered the bluebuds x and should be here on Tuesday. I also got the T500 today and hope they fit. I saw some videos on YouTube and one user said they had succes with the T500 fitting. We'll see Tuesday.

Fireproof!
Jan 20, 2013, 08:10 AM
I have heard of different people on the web being able to very carefully fit some of the Comply tips on like the Tx500.

Ordered the bluebuds x and should be here on Tuesday. I also got the T500 today and hope they fit. I saw some videos on YouTube and one user said they had succes with the T500 fitting. We'll see Tuesday.

I'm also looking at getting these Bluebuds X and using with Comply. I used to have an early pair of Freedoms and didn't like the stock silicon that it shipped with. They pulled out of my ears too easily. But I love Comply. So I'm hopping the TX500 or T500 will be just the trick.

If anyone has any updates on using Comply Foam tips with these Jaybirds, please post.

yanki01
Jan 22, 2013, 09:37 PM
i made a video to show the T-500 foam tips fit.

http://youtu.be/1qU1pBJYDIk

sand_man
Jan 23, 2013, 12:47 AM
i made a video to show the T-500 foam tips fit.

http://youtu.be/1qU1pBJYDIk

Good stuff.

The Bluebuds look great in white!!

yanki01
Jan 23, 2013, 07:26 AM
Good stuff.

The Bluebuds look great in white!!

thanks and yes they do! I would of bought them earlier at best buy but I wanted to wait for the white which came out last week.

dhenry7711
Jan 28, 2013, 05:00 PM
I have the exact same thing happening to me! Have contacted support as well..

Barely a month old and I've run into a bit of a snag. The control panel on my Bluebuds x is not responding, so no powering up/down (they currently on), no volume up/down, no forward/rewind tracks, no voice call activation etc etc etc

I'm waiting for them to run out of charge. I'm hoping this might force some kind of a reset but that seems unlikely.

sand_man
Jan 29, 2013, 03:31 PM
I have the exact same thing happening to me! Have contacted support as well..

Not good at all.

Let us know how that goes!!

Took ages for my replacement pair to arrive but they did and so far they performing as they should.

burnside
Jan 29, 2013, 05:25 PM
Got my new pair last week. Gotta say these are the best bluetooth earbuds I've ever had. Sorry to hear some of you with the problems you're experiencing. I gotta believe that Jaybird will make things right.

sand_man
Feb 6, 2013, 10:17 AM
I have the exact same thing happening to me! Have contacted support as well..And?

yanki01
Feb 6, 2013, 08:38 PM
Got my new pair last week. Gotta say these are the best bluetooth earbuds I've ever had. Sorry to hear some of you with the problems you're experiencing. I gotta believe that Jaybird will make things right.

I returned the set i bought with only using them for 3 days because i could not get any good signal. i could not leave my iPhone 5 under the bench let alone in my pocket without music skipping. i also had a weird buzzing/hiss sound every 20-30 seconds in one speaker. the same day i shipped them i had one in the mail as a replacement which i got yesterday.

during the time of returning them, i won a FREE pair of BlueBuds X on their facebook photo contest!!! :cool: those will be here tomorrow.

the other pair will be returned. :D

dhenry7711
Feb 12, 2013, 08:28 PM
And?

It took two weeks for them to respond, but finally have a RMA number and will be sending them back tomorrow. Quote "The problem you're having sounds like a sweat issue and we have upgraded the water repelling nano protection on the headsets so I guarantee you will have no problems in the future with the replacements." I'm happy that they are going to make it right. I love these headphones when they are working as they should. Looking forward to the replacements. Is your replacement pair still working good?

sand_man
Feb 13, 2013, 12:51 AM
Yeah, been really happy with the replacements!!

yanki01
Feb 17, 2013, 11:31 PM
my "free" pair works perfect and as advertised. I LOVE these headphones!!

cameronb8
Feb 18, 2013, 03:34 PM
I got a pair for Xmas, which broke then got replaced. Now on my new pair the headphone module connected to the speaker (black part that sticks in your ear) is loose from the housing. I have comply tips and the twisting motion suggested for proper insertion appears to have broken the bond. They still work and sound perfect, but I'm worried they may be more susceptible to water damage now. They seem to only be able to twist, not go forward and back. Anyone else observe this besides me?

dma550
Feb 18, 2013, 03:44 PM
well, I started reading this excited from the top that maybe I found my new workout buds. I hate it when my dreams are dashed by the time I get to the end!

I think I will stick with my $30 yurbuds which seem to be holding up and deal with the crappy wires until these are perfected and come down a bit in price.

yanki01
Feb 19, 2013, 01:00 PM
don't think the price will be going down any.

cameronb8
Feb 22, 2013, 10:04 AM
Contacted support, they paid for shipping out there and sent the new ones out immediately. Should be here next week. The best customer service there is

cramazing
Feb 23, 2013, 10:17 PM
just got these from Bestbuy, which just came in stock and they only for 1 set, too bad they fit horrible for me and im going back to purchase the bose sports...

idea of the headphones are great though, love the bluetooth idea, they just dont fit me

cameronb8
Feb 27, 2013, 10:42 AM
Got my second replacements today, and they have the sought after ridge for the secure fit ear holders. Hope these will be the tits.

dhenry7711
Mar 7, 2013, 02:24 PM
Got my replacements as well. Ran a marathon with them last weekend, no problems at all. :)

TyPod
Mar 11, 2013, 09:39 PM
These look very tempting for when I start running hard again this summer! How do they hold up with sweat?

dhenry7711
Mar 13, 2013, 08:24 PM
These look very tempting for when I start running hard again this summer! How do they hold up with sweat?

There were some problems for the first few people that bought them apparently but the version now has been treated with liquipel. Plus the fact that they have a lifetime warranty against sweat, you really can't go wrong. They sound incredible and the battery life is pretty amazing considering the size of them.

TyPod
Mar 13, 2013, 09:22 PM
There were some problems for the first few people that bought them apparently but the version now has been treated with liquipel. Plus the fact that they have a lifetime warranty against sweat, you really can't go wrong. They sound incredible and the battery life is pretty amazing considering the size of them.

Awesome! Thanks.

kamachi923
Mar 17, 2013, 07:23 PM
Does anybody use there bluebuds with a computer and your phone? If so how is the switching process? I was looking for a bluetooth headphones that I could use with both but having to turn the bluetooth off and on to switch connections seems like a pain. I was hoping to either have them switch based on which device is outputing music. or be able to just hit a button on the headphones that would allow me to toggle through possible devices. How do these allow you to switch between the 8 devices that you can connect to. thanks.

h1kar1
Mar 24, 2013, 08:20 PM
So I splurged and bought 2 of these. One will be a birthday present for my wife.

I must say haven't gotten in may hours but quality sound great.
I'm very happy with them...

However my wife could not get her's to fit even with the smallest parts.

So ended up returning one pair which kind sucks because it was going to be a birthday gift.

So women with small ears should make sure they fit.

LaxNYC
Apr 29, 2013, 11:37 AM

TyPod- just ran a marathon (lots of sweat) this past weekend with new Bluebuds X that I purchased last week. They worked great for all 26.2 miles, and today continue to work fine. If they ever succomb to sweat I'll update this post!

What I'm most worried about is the in-line volume/power control- this is where sweat damage usually gets the various bluetooth headphones I've tried in last years

TyPod
Apr 29, 2013, 11:49 AM
TyPod- just ran a marathon (lots of sweat) this past weekend with new Bluebuds X that I purchased last week. They worked great for all 26.2 miles, and today continue to work fine. If they ever succomb to sweat I'll update this post!

What I'm most worried about is the in-line volume/power control- this is where sweat damage usually gets the various bluetooth headphones I've tried in last years

Congrats on completing the marathon! I too am a marathon runner, so it's definitely good to hear they made it through the grind!

christianvz
May 21, 2013, 08:16 AM
JayBird earphones are now officially available in South Africa and will hit the Dions Wired and Sportsmans Warehouse shelves soon. They are currently available through The Gadget Shop, iWorld, DigiCape and iPlay stores. Distributed by iKhambi Information Systems PTY LTD.

sand_man
May 21, 2013, 08:20 AM
Great news!! If they priced competitively they should be a huge hit!!

I must say, it's about time!!

Nigel Wong
Jun 2, 2013, 04:36 AM
Dear guys and girls,
I dont know why but I can't bluetooth songs to my bluebuds, if you can help me, please reply. I am desperate.

green94
Jul 6, 2013, 03:42 PM
Has anyone listened to their bluebuds since upgrading to iOS 7?

I've noticed a significant loss in sound quality with songs constantly skipping around and restarting. I'm hoping that it has to do with the upgrade in software and not my buds starting to crap out. Thx!

Aniseedvan
Jul 24, 2013, 03:04 AM
So I splurged and bought 2 of these. One will be a birthday present for my wife.

I must say haven't gotten in may hours but quality sound great.
I'm very happy with them...

However my wife could not get her's to fit even with the smallest parts.

So ended up returning one pair which kind sucks because it was going to be a birthday gift.

So women with small ears should make sure they fit.

This worried me the most, as The first pair of in ear headphones I've managed to get to fit were the apple earbuds that came with my touch last October.

However, repeated cord yankings whilst on training walks for a 50k in September got me searching for something wireless, and the long battery life appealed.

I was fit to return these as I could not get the left one in particular to stay in at all, which has been the problem with every other in ear buds I've tried. Then I tried swapping them to the x-fit, i.e. over the ear, and they fit perfectly, to the point that I've got some comply buds coming in the mail which may get returned as not needed. Even the wing tip thingies feel like they might be fitting rather than being a gimmick (they were far too big in the standard position).

They survived a 35 min very sweaty session on the rower, whereas the night before I couldn't get them to stay in on the exercise bike at all. I've cabled them to go over the top of my ponytail, and it's pretty good having no cables dangling about anywhere.

The range is fine, indoors as you would expect there's no issues, and outdoors I have had no issues so far with putting the iPod in the top of the rucksack on my back. I really didn't want it strapped to my arm..

My only gripe is they're not multipoint. I am probably odd in that I still listen to music on an iPod and not streamed from my phone, mostly because I'm walking paths in poor signal areas, and I'm already using two GPS apps whilst out, but it would have been nice to be able to switch the music off automatically and take a call. You cant do that without stopping the music, connecting the buds to the iPhone's bluetooth. By the time I've realised the phone is buzzing (I wont exactly hear it with these on), stopped the music, unlocked the phone, connected the bluetooth, the caller would have hung up!

Moral is, for girls with tiny ears like mine, try them in the x-fit position before returning them, you might be pleasantly surprised.

roosh85
Aug 8, 2013, 02:31 PM
my jaybird bluebuds x pair great with my iphone. But my macbook isn't able to discover them.

Is this a problem with my computer? Or do the headphones not have an ability to be paired with a macbook?

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance,

Chesifu
Sep 21, 2013, 08:06 AM
I have the exact problem to my Bluebuds x. May I ask will Jaybird pay for all the customs and shipping fees (including me to Jaybird, and Jaybird to me) if I send it back for exchanging?

sand_man
Sep 23, 2013, 04:00 AM
I have the exact problem to my Bluebuds x. May I ask will Jaybird pay for all the customs and shipping fees (including me to Jaybird, and Jaybird to me) if I send it back for exchanging?

They did for me, didn't even ask for the damaged pair back. They simply sent me a replacement pair at no cost to me at all. I'm in South Africa.

MrGimper
Sep 29, 2013, 09:58 AM
Has anyone listened to their bluebuds since upgrading to iOS 7?

I've noticed a significant loss in sound quality with songs constantly skipping around and restarting. I'm hoping that it has to do with the upgrade in software and not my buds starting to crap out. Thx!

Bit of a late response, but mine are fine with the GM of iOS7 and now 7.0.2.

When I was originally looking for new buds I was looking at the Bose and B&W. The Apple Store dudes tempted me to try the Jaybirds, and WOW!

boateng
Oct 11, 2013, 02:22 PM
thinking of purchasing these....

are these any good? They are very expensive for would like honest reviews

green94
Dec 21, 2013, 05:10 PM
Bit of a late response, but mine are fine with the GM of iOS7 and now 7.0.2.

When I was originally looking for new buds I was looking at the Bose and B&W. The Apple Store dudes tempted me to try the Jaybirds, and WOW!

It seems as if it was related to the Beta versions of iOS. Everything has been great since the GM file came out.

----------

thinking of purchasing these....

are these any good? They are very expensive for would like honest reviews

Honestly, I bought the first pair of Jaybird headphones and returned them because they sounded like you were listening to your music through a tin can.

The blue buds on the other hand are amazing. Got them last year as an Xmas gift and use them a few times a week when I run. It is imperative that you find the right fit... earbuds and whether or not you need the wingtips.

The sound quality is fantastic for a bluetooth headphone.

Have recommended to a few friends and they are very happy as well.

Good luck!