Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cra19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Australia
I have a new MBP 13" mid 2012, 2.9 i7 CPU, 8GB RAM which came with 10.8. Since it arrived, it has been reimaged by Apple to 10.8.2.

When I open a number of .jpg picture files in preview, go to full screen, and scroll through the pictures, a problem appears. When I hit the right arrow button to show the next picture, it shows for a short time, then reverts for a very short time to the previous one before reverting back. It's just like a short flicker or flash. My old Macbook 2008 using Lion doesn't behave like this.

I have rung Applecare and we've done everything from creating a new user right to erase the hard drive and reinstall the OS. Yesterday I duplicated the problem on a demo i5/4GB MBP 13" at an Apple store. I wonder if it's the HD 4000, OS X 10.8 or other hardware glitch?

Apple are sending me another MBP. I wonder if anyone else is having this same problem or can duplicate it?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.