Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theone4001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I installed a new harddrive into my 17inch powerbook and I have gone to turn it on and It wont work I have tried reseting the pmu but still nothing.
Could anyone help?

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
theone4001 said:
I installed a new harddrive into my 17inch powerbook and I have gone to turn it on and It wont work I have tried reseting the pmu but still nothing.
Could anyone help?

Recheck all your work. :eek:

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
theone4001 said:
Could anyone help?

Did you try resetting PRAM.

And what do you mean by saying it won't work? Does a hard drive spin up and nothing shows up or is it just silence after you press power button?

theone4001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I have rechecked my work but the powerbook still wont turn on, there is no noise just silence,the battery is ok so what could be going on

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I would open it back up, and make sure EVERYTHING is plugged in tightly. If all else fails, put back in the old HD and have your local Mac Technician do it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.