PDA

View Full Version : Repartition?

Theta138
Nov 29, 2002, 03:50 PM
I just got my first mac! I am so pleased with it! Whoo hoo!

PowerBook G4
1Ghz
1GB RAM
60 GB HD
Combo Drive
Extra Battery
Cisco 350 Aironet wireless card

Do you all know how to repartition the hardrive so I can get rid of that OS9 part?
Oh, and how do I uninstall programs?

Royal Pineapple
Nov 29, 2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Theta138
I just got my first mac! I am so pleased with it! Whoo hoo!

PowerBook G4
1Ghz
1GB RAM
60 GB HD
Combo Drive
Extra Battery
Cisco 350 Aironet wireless card

Do you all know how to repartition the hardrive so I can get rid of that OS9 part?
Oh, and how do I uninstall programs?
partitioning can be done in the Disk Utility (Applications/Utilitys/DiskUtility)
you might want to keep OS9 in case you have problems with 10, trust me its worth having

to un install most programs you would drag the icon to the trash can, no more no less.

Hopoe you injoy your mac experance

cb911
Nov 29, 2002, 06:02 PM
if you want to get rid of the OS 9 part, you could just format your HD, then re-install just OS X.

it is a good idea to do a proper partition though. i have 5 seperate partitions and i don't know how i survived without them. you can partition all from the OS X CD. if you want to know all the in's & out's of partitioning, just say and i'll do my best to explain.

and to uninstall you can go back into the program installer, and in some of them they have an uninstall option. if they don't you can just drag the programs to the trash.:)

benixau
Nov 29, 2002, 10:33 PM
look, keep OS9. i thought i would never need it, then i needed to wathc a zon1 DVD. i live in aussie and i needed o=OS9 to flash the SD over the RPC-1. there is an OSX utility for controlling it but i had to do native OS9 not classic.

btw, seperate partition for OS9 on the same HDD is the best option with the most options for controlling where you boot to.

my $0.345 (aussie dollar)

cb911
Nov 29, 2002, 11:05 PM
OS 9 could be useful... but if you have to have it, it would be better to have it on a seperate partition.

Originally posted by benixau
my $0.345 (aussie dollar)
are you serious!?!? it ain't that bad!:eek: ;) :D