PDA

View Full Version : iBook: new RAM- now new fan noise?

gwuMACaddict
Sep 19, 2005, 07:38 AM
just put new RAM in my GF's new 14in iBook. now when i start the computer, the fans sound very loud, more noise from the computer during use too.

because of the new RAM?

madmax_2069
Sep 19, 2005, 11:17 PM
no new ram wont be the reason for the fans to be noisy. look to see if any wires or any thing out of place or touching the blades of the fan or if any thing is around the fan. adding new ram wont cause this problem.now the system could be running hotter and it make the fans run faster but it shouldent make them be all that loud.just look to see if any thing is close to the fans and if there is just move them away or try to tape them out of the way or use somthing to keep them out of the way when you put it all back togeather
i could be wrong but just see if there is any thing around the blades of the fan or it could be that the fans need to be replaced if this isnt the case
thanks for putting up with my bad spelling and grammer

yenko
Sep 20, 2005, 12:00 AM
no new ram wont be the reason for the fans to be noisy. look to see if any wires or any thing out of place or touching the blades of the fan or if any thing is around the fan. adding new ram wont cause this problem.now the system could be running hotter and it make the fans run faster but it shouldent make them be all that loud.just look to see if any thing is close to the fans and if there is just move them away or try to tape them out of the way or use somthing to keep them out of the way when you put it all back togeather
i could be wrong but just see if there is any thing around the blades of the fan or it could be that the fans need to be replaced if this isnt the case
thanks for putting up with my bad spelling and grammer

See if it goes away when you put the original RAM back in. :o