Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick o'shea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
I have an old imac G3 and I also use a Toshba laptop running windows XP. I plan to upgrade the mac for an imac G5. What is the best way to connect them both wireless to a printer and the net.

bdj33ranch

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2005
Airport Express

An Apple Airport Express should do what you want. It comes with setup instructions for both Mac and Windows and has a connection port for a printer. If you want to save few $$ it is listed in the Apple Store 'SAVE' section (refurbished with same warranty as new) for $99 right now.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
bdj33ranch said:
An Apple Airport Express should do what you want. It comes with setup instructions for both Mac and Windows and has a connection port for a printer. If you want to save few $$ it is listed in the Apple Store 'SAVE' section (refurbished with same warranty as new) for $99 right now.

i completely agree, the express rocks. and its much cheaper than buying a seperate print server and router (if you were going to go non-apple brand)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.