PDA

View Full Version : all my safari bookmarks just disappeared

jojoba
Dec 4, 2012, 03:23 AM
and I am livid :mad:

Where are they? Can they be recovered?

I did not mess with any kind of settings and now they have just vanished.

Macman45
Dec 4, 2012, 03:27 AM
I don't know what happened to cause this, but if you have a current backup, restoring the ipad from that SHOULD put them back.

jojoba
Dec 4, 2012, 03:41 AM
I don't know what happened to cause this, but if you have a current backup, restoring the ipad from that SHOULD put them back.

Great, I will try that once I get to the office where I have my Air. I hope it will work. Since they are now erased on my iPad, iCloud will have erased the once in Safari on my Air as well, right?

Macman45
Dec 4, 2012, 03:43 AM
Great, I will try that once I get to the office where I have my Air. I hope it will work. Since they are now erased on my iPad, iCloud will have erased the once in Safari on my Air as well, right?

Yep, they should be in sync, so the backup is your only option really....Good luck...:)

jojoba
Dec 4, 2012, 06:42 AM
I don't get it. I synced my iPad using iTunes, and the bookmarks menu is still completely blank. On the other hand, the bookmarks are still present on my Air, and working fine (I quickly made a back up of them in case they should decide to disappear).

None of this makes sense :confused::confused::confused:

jojoba
Dec 4, 2012, 06:54 AM
So, I just did a bit of googling and apparently this has happened to more people. I followed the recipe here (just closing and reopening Safari on my iPad), and now they are all back :)

http://appletoolbox.com/2012/10/safari-bookmarks-disappear-on-ipadiphone/

Macman45
Dec 4, 2012, 06:55 AM
I don't get it. I synced my iPad using iTunes, and the bookmarks menu is still completely blank. On the other hand, the bookmarks are still present on my Air, and working fine (I quickly made a back up of them in case they should decide to disappear).

None of this makes sense :confused::confused::confused:

Have you checked your sync settings in iTunes? With the iPad connected, go to the info tab, then work your way through each setting at the top of the screen..it sounds as if you have told iTunes not to sync your safe browsing data.

montonfei
Sep 18, 2013, 03:22 AM
If you lost iPhone bookmark, you can use a iPhone bookmark recovery to get them back.
This ios recovery provides you two ways to recover bookmarks from iPhone (http://www.datas-recovery.com/static/restore-bookmarks-from-iphone.html), one is retrieve bookmarks from iPhone/iPad directly without backup iTunes, the other is to recover form iTunes backup to get lost bookmarks back. What's more, iOS Data Recovery can also restore other lost data, like photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes and more!

Clix Pix
Sep 21, 2013, 11:55 AM
I have been going nuts with this. I lost my bookmarks and bookmarks bar on my iPad 3 -- happened mysteriously and I have no idea why or how. I checked everything and it all looked normal, I did all the recommended "fixes," including closing Safari and reopening it, rebooting the iPad (both a "hard" reset and a "soft" reboot) and that didn't help. I tried restoring it but even that did not help. Finally today I had the idea to try restoring from a previous backup on the iPad Mini -- and bingo! That worked. Finally I have my bookmarks and bookmarks bar back again. What a pain!