Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I love the look of my mini's Smart Cover, but have found that it does not stay on securely at all. The stand is very unsteady and the cover will sometimes just kind of pop off while I'm holding the Ipad. I've seen the back covers that have a cut out for the Smart Cover, but does anyone know of one that actually snaps over the hinge and makes the cover more securely in place?

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Might be something wrong with your smart cover. Mine has never came off unless I was taking it off.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Hopefully Incipio will come out with their "SMART Feather" like they have for the full sized iPads. Those are a great lock-in-smart-cover design.

All they have new for the Mini is the "Feather" which doesn't accommodate the smart cover.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Hopefully Incipio will come out with their "SMART Feather" like they have for the full sized iPads. Those are a great lock-in-smart-cover design.

All they have new for the Mini is the "Feather" which doesn't accommodate the smart cover.

I emailed Incipio and they said they don't have any plans to release a Smart Feather for the mini.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
I emailed Incipio and they said they don't have any plans to release a Smart Feather for the mini.

Wow, thanks for the info. I was kinda hoping for one someday. I prefer a lock-in cover when I travel (watch movies on the plane, etc). Bummer.

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
I've bought and returned 3 of the smart covers and all of them were pretty loose.
I'd love a decent back case that locks it on. For some reason wouldn't want the full case though. I like the 2-tone style.

Ideally there would be a snap case that locks the Smart Cover, AND has an integrated holder of some sort for a stylus- and the holder wouldn't get in the way of any Velcro or mount I'd stick to the back. But that's just a pipe dream.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
any news on whether zum will be making one like the sc ultimate for the full sized ipad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.