Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

puddingmonster.jpg
ZeptoLab -- the development house behind Cut the Rope and its offspring -- has showed off its next project, another game called Pudding Monsters. We haven't seen any gameplay but TechCrunch got some hands-on time and has a brief preview:
Pudding Monsters is all about getting pieces of pudding to stick together. Unlike the physics-based puzzler Cut the Rope that made players focus on getting their timing just right, Pudding Monsters is an even more casual game and doesn't focus on physics. Instead, it's a more basic puzzle game where players have to move pieces of pudding around a board, but unless they hit an object or another piece of pudding, the pieces will fall of the board and the game is over. There are numerous game elements like pudding pieces that are asleep and wake up when you touch them that will keep surely keep gamers occupied and interested in the game for a while.
Pudding Monsters will arrive on the iPhone and iPad on December 20th.

Article Link: ZeptoLab Teases 'Pudding Monsters', Its Next Game After 'Cut the Rope'

JilzVT

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
Gamerumors.com??

I realize you have to pay the bills but that's the third or fourth gaming post today.

L

Lukeid123

Risky

Comes out December 20th when on December 21st iTunes connect will shut down. Any MAJOR problems (if any) will have to wait

Unggoy Murderer

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2011
Edinburgh, UK
Gamerumors.com??

I realize you have to pay the bills but that's the third or fourth gaming post today.
Well, ZeptoLab DID win an APPLE design award in 2011 for their Cut the Rope game, which is absolutely fantastic. There's been a lot of game information today... so what!? It makes a change from the usual programming.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I think Angry Birds is past it’s prime.

I fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

Cut the Rope is fantastic. Experiments was a nice sequel. Where they screwed up was in the promotional comic books which should have ended up in ComiXology and not in its own app. It ended up dying due to poor reviews and people not wanting to buy the issues. Which is sad because it was very well drawn and written for them being just game makers.

I look forward to this new game. :)

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
Gamerumors.com??

Well, this was in the iOS blog and MR owns TouchArcade, so game posts are fine by me.

Besides, gaming is one area that Apple's growth is impressive...they are a serious threat to Nintendo and the iOS platform lends itself to creative games.

incoherent1

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Cut the Rope is fantastic. Experiments was a nice sequel.

Cut the Rope was great, but I was disappointed with the support on Experiments. They've had "coming soon" on more levels for at least 6 months. I don't know that I'd buy a new app when they've poorly supported existing ones.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Cut the Rope was great, but I was disappointed with the support on Experiments. They've had "coming soon" on more levels for at least 6 months. I don't know that I'd buy a new app when they've poorly supported existing ones.

How much did you pay for it? I think I paid 0.79 €. I feel like I got quite a lot of content for less than a buck. And I honestly wouldn't dream of calling a game "poorly supported", because I have to wait a few months for FREE EXTRA STUFF when the game cost close to nothing in the first place!

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
How much did you pay for it? I think I paid 0.79 €. I feel like I got quite a lot of content for less than a buck. And I honestly wouldn't dream of calling a game "poorly supported", because I have to wait a few months for FREE EXTRA STUFF when the game cost close to nothing in the first place!

No offence but saying you didn’t pay much for it so they don’t need to finish the game isn’t right.
That’s like buying a $20 DVD player that doesn’t play DVDs yet but you can’t complain because it was cheap and the materials alone are worth more than $20.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
No offence but saying you didn’t pay much for it so they don’t need to finish the game isn’t right.
That’s like buying a $20 DVD player that doesn’t play DVDs yet but you can’t complain because it was cheap and the materials alone are worth more than $20.

This makes no sense. The game works, right? You can play it? All the levels that were included when you bought it? We're talking about FREE EXTRA LEVELS.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
This makes no sense. The game works, right? You can play it? All the levels that were included when you bought it? We're talking about FREE EXTRA LEVELS.

If the levels are in the game when it's released then they are not EXTRA. and 99.9% of the time it's not FREE!
That is a huge pet peeve of mine. Companies like Capcom release a game then try to sell you "extra fighters" or "extra levels" on day one. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.