PDA

View Full Version : Feeler/FS: Apple Flat 17' Monitor (ADC connector)

reberto
Sep 19, 2005, 08:47 PM
I have a Apple 17' Flat CRT monitor that I got for free from my dads work. It has 2 USB ports on the side and uses the ADC connector found on most G4's (Just don't try it with a DVI to ADC adaptor. Works like crap). The stand has a small crack but it is not that bad. More specs can be found at (http://www.everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple_studio_display_17_cl.html ).
I do not have the origional box, it is just the monitor. This is also one of the best monitors for gaming (flat and has NO ghosting) Just the monitor and cable. PM me for pics and offers!

doucy2
Sep 19, 2005, 09:28 PM
very interested will you do trades
PM me
or IM me at doucy2

macEfan
Sep 19, 2005, 09:43 PM
what is the price you are asking for?

Rod Rod
Sep 19, 2005, 09:49 PM
It has 2 USB ports on the side and uses the ADC connector found on most G4's ( will work with a DVI to ADC adaptor.Hi. I used to own this monitor. It's great and there's no other CRT monitor that matches or comes close to its looks.

However, it will not work with a DVI to ADC adapter. This is not a thread crap because if someone buys it to connect it to a DVI to ADC adapter, they will be disappointed in the seller. This monitor will only work with Mac graphics cards that have a built-in ADC port, and it will only work when plugged into that ADC port. To clarify, you cannot run two of these monitors off the same graphics card (because no card exists with dual ADC ports).

reberto
Sep 19, 2005, 10:04 PM
Hi. I used to own this monitor. It's great and there's no other CRT monitor that matches or comes close to its looks.

However, it will not work with a DVI to ADC adapter. This is not a thread crap because if someone buys it to connect it to a DVI to ADC adapter, they will be disappointed in the seller. This monitor will only work with Mac graphics cards that have a built-in ADC port, and it will only work when plugged into that ADC port. To clarify, you cannot run two of these monitors off the same graphics card (because no card exists with dual ADC ports).

My origional post has been modified to include this info. Thnaks for clearing that up!

reberto
Sep 19, 2005, 10:12 PM
SOLD! :D

Rod Rod
Sep 20, 2005, 12:17 AM
Thnaks for clearing that up! SOLD! :D You're welcome, and congratulations!

reberto
Nov 3, 2005, 01:45 AM
Deal fell through (a while ago! :p ). Any offers?

dmbss485
Nov 3, 2005, 11:53 AM
$200.00

reberto
Nov 3, 2005, 01:33 PM
$200.00 plus shipping?

dmbss485
Nov 3, 2005, 02:44 PM
where are you located?

reberto
Nov 3, 2005, 06:07 PM
where are you located?

It says right under my avatar, Eugene, Oregon

reberto
Nov 4, 2005, 06:25 PM
$200.00

Still intrested?

reberto
Nov 5, 2005, 11:40 PM
where are you located?

PM sent! And this will work with a one of the adapters that allow you to use a ADC monitor with a DVI port. Just tested it today.

Rod Rod
Nov 8, 2005, 10:28 PM
PM sent! And this will work with a one of the adapters that allow you to use a ADC monitor with a DVI port. Just tested it today.
Awesome. What's the make and model of that adapter? Thanks.

reberto
Nov 9, 2005, 12:03 AM
Awesome. What's the make and model of that adapter? Thanks.

It is the apple branded one. It only stays at 1024*768 but if you go any larger, it no longer works. So I guess it partially works :o :o :o . So Now the orig' post has been changed. IGNORE WHAT I SAID ABOUT IT WORKING PEOPLE.

XNine
Nov 9, 2005, 04:19 PM
It is the apple branded one. It only stays at 1024*768 but if you go any larger, it no longer works. So I guess it partially works :o :o :o . So Now the orig' post has been changed. IGNORE WHAT I SAID ABOUT IT WORKING PEOPLE.

Have you tried the POWERED ADC>DVI connector? It's about 160 bucks, but it powers the ADC portion and connects to DVI (because ADC ports had to have an extra boost from the graphics card slot to work).

reberto
Nov 9, 2005, 05:46 PM
Have you tried the POWERED ADC>DVI connector? It's about 160 bucks, but it powers the ADC portion and connects to DVI (because ADC ports had to have an extra boost from the graphics card slot to work).
It would not work well. The CRT model uses analong signals and the flat pannel uses digital ones.