Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Taken from wired.com article
"Santa, I think you are the best person in the World Wide Web," Megan, a 9-year-old in Waterford, Ireland, wrote via the site EmailSanta.com, which receives about half a million Santa communications per year, according to a spokesman.
Full story.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Hmm, I don't know, if I was a kid I'd probably want to make a real letter, I'd feel more secure that he'd see it.

In Alaska there is a town called North Pole - the whole town is Christmas themed for most of the year and several businesses have grown up there - including sending your personal Christmas Cards there and having them sent out stamped from NorthPole, Alaska. Pretty funny actually. I drove through once in my travels around the state in 98, very quaint place.

D

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Not so North Pole...

:eek: I always thought Santa was Canadian and the North Pole was in Canada! :eek:

... Alaska... that explains everything :D

:cool:

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
this is so much better than snail-mail solutions... i read somewhere how many letters kids stuff in the mail and the post office has to recycle. it's quite sad, all their hopes and dreams shredded, soaked and repulped. ah well. i'm still not sure i like the idea of drilling Santa into kids heads so much-- i remember being incredibly distrustful of my parents for a long time after they finally admitted there was no santa. it does help encourage imagination tho... i just can't imagine perpetuating something like that to impressionable kids.

Thank god i can't have children. naturally anyway. i'd screw 'em up pretty good :)

pnw

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2002
just in case santa is lurking on the bord.. :D

i've been good... bring me a 20 G ipod and a 23" cinema screen for xmas ... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.