PDA

View Full Version : MacUpdate Bundle: 12 Mac Apps for $49.99, Including Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

MacRumors
Dec 5, 2012, 02:05 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/12/05/macupdate-bundle-12-mac-apps-for-49-99-including-roller-coaster-tycoon-3/)

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/03/macupdate_bundle.pngA few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate (http://www.mupromo.com/?ref=4438) to promote their Mac application bundle deal.

Their latest bundle delivers 12 Mac applications for $49.99 (http://www.mupromo.com/?ref=4438) (a $609 value if all purchased separately). Notably, it includes Data Rescue 3, a data recovery tool, as well as two popular games, Company of Heroes and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

WyIGsGH3y1Y
The full bundle includes (retail value in parenthesis):

- Data Rescue 3 ($99.99) - Recover lost data on drives.
- Espresso 2 ($75.00) - Powerful HTML, XML, CSS and JavaScript development tool.
- Snapz Pro X 2.5 ($69.00) - Powerful screenshot and video capture utility.
- TotalFinder ($18.00) - Adds tabs, hotkeys, and other tweaks to the Finder.
- TotalSpaces ($15.00) - Brings grid-style Spaces to OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
- Mac DVDRipper Pro 4 ($24.95) - DVD ripping tool.
- PopChar X 6 ($38.00) - Floating window shows available font characters.
- MoneyWell 2 ($49.99) - Personal finance manager with a single-window interface.
- Swift Publisher 3 ($29.95) - Print shop layout creation tool with 1100 image goodies.
- Company of Heroes ($29.99) - Real-time strategy game with two expansion packs included.
- Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 ($29.99) - Theme park simulation game.

The first 12,000 buyers also get Live Interior 3D Pro ($49.95 value).

All apps together are being sold for $49.99 (http://www.mupromo.com/?ref=4438) until December 19th. MacRumors is a promotional partner with MacUpdate. Bundle sales through these links (http://www.mupromo.com/?ref=4438) benefit MacRumors financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

Article Link: MacUpdate Bundle: 12 Mac Apps for $49.99, Including Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/12/05/macupdate-bundle-12-mac-apps-for-49-99-including-roller-coaster-tycoon-3/)

Dec 5, 2012, 02:12 PM
Huh...no.

BillyBobBongo
Dec 5, 2012, 02:14 PM
It's simply amazing how they can bundle so many pointless Apps together. My hat is off to them.

Kaibelf
Dec 5, 2012, 02:17 PM
Roller coaster tycoon 3:

Developer(s) Frontier Developments
Publisher(s) Atari, Inc.
Composer(s) Alistair Lindsay
Platform(s) Mac OS X, Windows (98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8)
Release date(s)
NA October 26, 2004
EU November 3, 2004

30 dollar value? Guess again. :mad:

KdParker
Dec 5, 2012, 02:21 PM
This will grab all those people that can't pass up a deal. No matter how crappy. :)

Razeus
Dec 5, 2012, 02:22 PM
It's simply amazing how they can bundle so many pointless Apps together. My hat is off to them.

:D:D:D:D
I'm dying with laughter from this comment. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mac DVDRipper Tool. With a late 2012 iMac...

DevinRajaram
Dec 5, 2012, 02:26 PM
If anyone took the time to add up the apps' prices (like I did), they do not add up to $609--it's actually $481. They should try not lying and include better apps that came out in the last 5 years!

SirYossi
Huh...no.

only one really worth anything is Data Rescue this software does work if you are into data recovery - It has saved me a few times :)

peb123

I use Magic DVD Ripper all the time. Its a great product, although I prefer Magic DVD Copier and then transcode using Handbrake, because it does a much better job at transcoding.

Jessica Lares
Dec 5, 2012, 02:28 PM
Espresso 2 is great, but so old now that version 3 could be around the corner. BTW, it's a $25 upgrade if it does (I have 1.0).

toshoklabs
Dec 5, 2012, 02:54 PM
If anyone took the time to add up the apps' prices (like I did), they do not add up to $609--it's actually $481. They should try not lying and include better apps that came out in the last 5 years!

The $609 includes Live Interior 3d Pro which is $129.95 - the advertised price is correct for the 12 apps.

Dec 5, 2012, 02:58 PM
only one really worth anything is Data Rescue this software does work if you are into data recovery - It has saved me a few times :)

I was actually gonna say this, but the sheer weight of otherwise pointless apps made me refrain from doing so... ;)

kjohn
Dec 5, 2012, 03:03 PM
I agree... From my experiences, Data Rescue has outperformed other recovery tools every time. Espresso is old, but worth something? Snapz Pro X sounds like it might come in handy?? The rest is utter junk.

So consider it half off Data Rescue and you'll feel better about your purchase ;)

n2deep
Dec 5, 2012, 03:04 PM
I was thinking about getting Money Well. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth it?

ArtOfWarfare
Dec 5, 2012, 03:20 PM
I'll take Roller Coaster Tycoon, TotalSpaces, and TotalFinder for $9.99.

How do I get Battery Status in one of these bundles? I'll tell the bundle organizer it's $15 like Clear (instead of $2 because that's a price that maximizes revenues... I know sales drop way off at $3... I've never tried $5 or $10... I wonder if sales stop to drop off so much and maybe revenue is actually better than what I get at $2?)

achtung!
Dec 5, 2012, 04:03 PM
I'll take Roller Coaster Tycoon, TotalSpaces, and TotalFinder for $9.99.

you can get "total finder" for free. try XtraFinder, works really well! ;)
http://www.trankynam.com/xtrafinder/

thatsfinebut
Dec 5, 2012, 04:25 PM
I actually discovered the game Company of Heroes over the weekend, and I'm meaning to buy it. It's supposed to be awesome. That said, I'm going to wait for Windows 8 to be Bootcamp compatible, then buy the game for $10 on Steam. Not because it's cheaper, but because the PC version is supposed to be more full-fledged.

coder12
Dec 5, 2012, 04:40 PM

TotalFinder is completely worth it. It can be a bit unstable occasionally, but it's a great productivity enhancer.

iMacC2D
Dec 5, 2012, 05:01 PM
Worth it for Data Rescue 3 alone if you ask me. That application has saved more customers data for me than anything else I've tried (and made it incredibly easy to do so). Wouldn't mind TotalFinder and Espresso either - although I'll have to take a look at XtraFinder as it does look promising.

mrsir2009
Dec 5, 2012, 08:11 PM

If they weren't pointless they wouldn't have to resort to bundling ;)

star-affinity
Dec 5, 2012, 08:18 PM
I thought it was subjective, hhmmm.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, what's the definition of meaningful app according to you who don't like this bundle?

LePigeonBleu
Dec 5, 2012, 08:24 PM
if anyone is selling just RollerCoaster Tycoon, please PM me! I'll buy it.

m

bigcat318
Dec 5, 2012, 09:22 PM
Does Snapz Pro work on Mountain Lion yet? Last time I tried it if you attempted to record video with audio the whole computer crashed. Sweet feature

Val-kyrie
Dec 5, 2012, 09:46 PM
I was thinking about getting Money Well. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth it?

I use MoneyWell 1.7.4 on my BlackBook with 10.6.8 (looking to upgrade hardware next year). I would upgrade to 2.x, but it requires OS X 10.7 and I refuse to put that OS on my laptop. As far as 1.7 goes, it is a nice program and I use it for budgeting. It is like using the envelope system, only it is a digital version. If you don't know what I mean, there are tutorials on the dev's website. You should watch those and read the articles on the program before working with the program anyways; it will save you from starting your budget over. There are still a few bugs in ver 1 that were fixed in ver 2, but the dev is very responsive and the forums are helpful. I would recommend this program to anyone trying to live by a budget.

Does Snapz Pro work on Mountain Lion yet? Last time I tried it if you attempted to record video with audio the whole computer crashed. Sweet feature

I am interested in this bundle because of Snapz Pro. Is there another program that performs a similar function?

bigcat318
Dec 6, 2012, 07:35 AM
According to their website the bug I described may be fixed in this version. I have not personally tested it. The app had worked great otherwise.

grahamwright1
Dec 6, 2012, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=Val-kyrie;16434995.
I am interested in this bundle because of Snapz Pro. Is there another program that performs a similar function?[/QUOTE]

Camtasia 2
ScreenFlow

Own them both, plus Snapz Pro - I just have a fixation on utilities :-)

razmanugget
Dec 6, 2012, 08:39 AM
+1 vote for TotalFinder. I spend a lot of time organizing my files and TotalFinder is a no brainer.

yashrg
Dec 6, 2012, 06:58 PM
will buy for $25 less than the retail price of Espresso 2.

Digital Skunk
Dec 7, 2012, 07:39 AM

Roller coaster tycoon 3:

Developer(s) Frontier Developments
Publisher(s) Atari, Inc.
Composer(s) Alistair Lindsay
Platform(s) Mac OS X, Windows (98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8)
Release date(s)
NA October 26, 2004
EU November 3, 2004

30 dollar value? Guess again. :mad:

This will grab all those people that can't pass up a deal. No matter how crappy. :)

All of you +1

I thought it was subjective, hhmmm.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, what's the definition of meaningful app according to you who don't like this bundle?

Meaingful/useful as in an application that's not pushing 8 years old (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_3) that's already been updated, or an application that requires technology that's been canned by Apple, or an application that actually works on the latest OS.

I have a system running Snow Leopard because I've yet to get Snapz Pro to work on Mountain Lion.

fongkahchun86
Dec 9, 2012, 01:39 AM
I am interested in this bundle because of Snapz Pro. Is there another program that performs a similar function?

To take screenshot, you can try using Hotkeys "Cmd + shift + 3 or 4" for capturing the whole screen or selected windows only. Alternative, "Grap.app" in your utilities folder will also do the job.

For video screen capture, you may try QuickTime Pro in your OS.

All Apps are found on your Mac.