Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
My work requires me to have a passcode on my device if I read exchange email on it. I'm looking for an email app that will allow me to add a passcode to the app so I don't have to add it to the home screen of my Note2.

I saw Touchdown, though I'm wondering what else might be out there?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
My work requires me to have a passcode on my device if I read exchange email on it. I'm looking for an email app that will allow me to add a passcode to the app so I don't have to add it to the home screen of my Note2.

I saw Touchdown, though I'm wondering what else might be out there?

Moxier also does that.

There might be a hacked version of the Email and Exchange apk's which you can use so you don't have to use other 3rd party apps. I have one for my Nexus 4 but I'll look for one for your phone. It requires you be rooted though. Are you? and which Note 2 model are you using?

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I'm new to Android and haven't rooted yet, actually, I don't know much about it. Not opposed to doing it, just don't even know where to begin.

I'm using the Note2 on Verizon Wireless.

Thanks!!!

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I'm new to Android and haven't rooted yet, actually, I don't know much about it. Not opposed to doing it, just don't even know where to begin.

I'm using the Note2 on Verizon Wireless.

Thanks!!!

Do you want to root so you can use a modified version of the stock email app without having to set a passcode?

Touchdown is pretty decent and I use it sometimes. If you use that then there's no tinkering involved and you don't have to root your phone.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Let me look into what the pros/cons of rooting are and if you are willing, I will contact you later?

I could buy Touchdown to make it easier, I just was not too big on the idea of spending $20 just to check work email on my device.

Thanks for your help.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Let me look into what the pros/cons of rooting are and if you are willing, I will contact you later?

I could buy Touchdown to make it easier, I just was not too big on the idea of spending $20 just to check work email on my device.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah it's really pricey but I bit the bullet because I hate having a passcode on my phone and finding the modified email files isn't always easy.

No problem just let me know either here or via PM. Just make sure you quote me so I know you replied :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.