PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] What is the most rugged iPad 3/4 Case?

Medic311
Dec 6, 2012, 06:38 PM
I am trying to decide between the Otterbox Defender and the Griffin Survivor.
With regards to the environment - I'm a quality engineer and a large portion of my job is spent in a manufacturing environment. I use my iPad extensively for my quality audit checklists and writing reports while on the floor. I would like something that could survive a fall from a product sampling table (roughly 3.5 feet) or out of my hands while walking, down onto a concrete floor.

Which is the preferred case?

glen e
Dec 6, 2012, 06:44 PM
I am trying to decide between the Otterbox Defender and the Griffin Survivor.
With regards to the environment - I'm a quality engineer and a large portion of my job is spent in a manufacturing environment. I use my iPad extensively for my quality audit checklists and writing reports while on the floor. I would like something that could survive a fall from a product sampling table (roughly 3.5 feet) or out of my hands while walking, down onto a concrete floor.

Which is the preferred case?

otterbox kinda invented this category and has perfected it, I'd give the nod to them...

bhags8
Dec 10, 2012, 09:42 PM
I use the Gumdrop Drop Tech Military Edition. I work in a manufacturing environment as well and this case is perfect.

http://www.gumdropcases.com/the-new-ipad.html

Medic311
Dec 30, 2012, 12:51 PM
could anyone provide some insight for the Otterbox Defender vs Griffin Survivor?

it looks like the Griffin provides better protection