PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, iBook Keyboard

jrbsman
Sep 20, 2005, 11:34 AM
I think I'm gonna be sick.
I was trying to remove my keyboard this morning and it came off easily enough but putting it back in was a bit difficult, but it eventually snapped into place. Looking at it later though I realized it wasn't as far "down" (towards the trackpad) as it should be as the function keys were overhanging the top edge a tiny bit. So I tried to remove the keyboard again but I must have stuck it too hard before because now one of the tabs is broken. The spring came off. I'm kind of worried here. It's poking up but is still below normal key level so i'm not worried about it hurting the screen but I don't know how I should fix this. In London (Ontario) there is a mac reseller that does repairs. Should I take it to them?

WillMak
Sep 20, 2005, 12:41 PM
I was trying to remove my keyboard this morning and it came off easily enough but putting it back in was a bit difficult, but it eventually snapped into place. Looking at it later though I realized it wasn't as far "down" (towards the trackpad) as it should be as the function keys were overhanging the top edge a tiny bit. So I tried to remove the keyboard again but I must have stuck it too hard before because now one of the tabs is broken. The spring came off. I'm kind of worried here. It's poking up but is still below normal key level so i'm not worried about it hurting the screen but I don't know how I should fix this. In London (Ontario) there is a mac reseller that does repairs. Should I take it to them?
yea
dood take it to them

California
Sep 20, 2005, 01:13 PM
Well if you need a new one, I will soon have an almost new keyboard from a g4 ibook 1.2ghz. Really almost new -- used maybe one dozen times.

terriyaki
Sep 23, 2005, 12:02 AM
Damnit the exact thing just happened to me except I haven't broken anything (thank god). The keyboard seems like it's slid a bit up so the top edge is under the case so even if I pull the tabs and pull up it won't move.

Yes, I've made sure the num lock light is unlocked...

Any pointers? This is really annoying!