PDA

View Full Version : Video Editor for Leopard PowerPC

rjcalifornia
Dec 7, 2012, 01:03 PM
Hi Guys!

Can you help me out? I need a video editor better than iMovie that I can run under Leopard PowerPC

I don't like iMovie because I was editing a 720p video and every time I'm done with my video and I export it, it save it in a very low quality.

I research some but are weird, very weird.

Jessica Lares
Dec 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
We used to use Final Cut in school. You might want to look around for a copy of that, either Express or Pro.

rjcalifornia
Dec 7, 2012, 02:07 PM
We used to use Final Cut in school. You might want to look around for a copy of that, either Express or Pro.

I couldn't find it. Or is there a setting in iMovie where I can fix the weird importing issue? When I import the video, there's a huge quality drop :(

Jethryn Freyman
Dec 7, 2012, 11:13 PM
I was able to install Final Cut Studio 3 on my Leopard G5, albeit with a little tweaking.

kalel77
Dec 8, 2012, 12:46 AM
Check this one Mpeg StreamingClip:

http://www.squared5.com/

basically is more a video converter that a video editor but it can be really helpful if you work with iMovie with a Leopard PowerPC.
Cheers

Wildy
Dec 8, 2012, 08:11 AM
If you go into the Preferences menu of iMovie and click on the Video tab - select the import as: dropdown and change it to Full - Original size.

rjcalifornia
Dec 8, 2012, 07:04 PM
If you go into the Preferences menu of iMovie and click on the Video tab - select the import as: dropdown and change it to Full - Original size.

Yeah, I'm using iMovie 6 HD, so there's not 'full-original'

----------

I was able to install Final Cut Studio 3 on my Leopard G5, albeit with a little tweaking.

I don't have it and there's no way to get it.

I still don't understand how Microsoft is able to deliver a good movie maker which even if you encoded at low quality, it doesn't look as horrible as iMovie