Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldschool006

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
I'll be visiting relatives who live in upstate NY and will need to purchase the Air online. Anyone know of an online retailer that will sell to a NYS address without charging sales tax?

Thanks.

greenchiliman

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Chicago
I'll be visiting relatives who live in upstate NY and will need to purchase the Air online. Anyone know of an online retailer that will sell to a NYS address without charging sales tax?

Thanks.

Easiest would be ebay. I would also search who resells on amazon and then go through their websites (instead of amazon) and see if they charge NYS tax. Lastly, I would just google new Airs for sale and again see where they are based.

xxcysxx

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
go to christiana mall and buy it. there's no sales tax there. if they dont have the model you like then just order it at the apple store online and have it ship to the apple store at christiana mall, and pick it up there. no sales tax.

dmw16

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011

Thanks.

I believe MacMall would be a good option because they don't charge sales tax and they offer a discount (at least right now) on the Air.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Macmall is a joke. An 8 GB 128 GB SSD 2012 Air costs:

$1267 for MBA
+$12 shipping
+$98 tax
+$6 CA state recycling fee

Comes out to $1386

Edit:

Just for reference ordering from the Apple website it comes out to $1341 total if you use the education discount

So basically Macmall is shooting themselves in the foot with that ridiculous price. No idea why anyone would order from there

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.