Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hazeof3dd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Hello all, first time posting here and first time purchasing an mp3 player. Purchased a 4 GB Black nano with engraving on back. Ordered on my birthday (9/13) and was shipped 2 days later. Problem was, once it go to Fedex, it got stuck in Shenzhen China! I have had a Regulatory Shipping Delay for every day since it was shipped. Been in contact with both Fedex and Apple. Apple has already refunded my shipping (2-3 days). Other than that all I've heard is that its stuck in customs and all I can do is wait. Today I found out from apple that this is happening to most orders coming out of China. Is this true? has anyone else exprienced this? I'll attach a picture of the fedex tracking website. I'm getting a little nervous about this whole thing. Anyone have any thoughts?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 242

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
When I was having my iPod replaced w/ an off-the-shelf 60, it was held up in China for a day. I don't think that you should worry too much. You'll get your nano. It's not like apple can just leave the nano in china and never give you any compensation.

studkee

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2005
I'm also new to the forums and I have the same problem. My times/updates are literally exactly the same as yours line for line. I put your image next to my fedex tracking page, and other than the delivery location, they were identical. Heh - even had the exact same time for delivery (Today 9/20 at 10:30 a.m.) I however, have not contacted Apple yet, but will tomorrow to get my 2-3 day shipping refunded. Blasted customs.

linky

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2004
add me to the list of people having this problem, my nano has been sitting there for 5 days or so, I came home today all excited that it should have been here and when it was not i checked fedex and I saw the exact same thing

this really sucks because i wanted to have it for a long trip i'll have this weekend :(

studkee said:
I'm also new to the forums and I have the same problem. My times/updates are literally exactly the same as yours line for line. I put your image next to my fedex tracking page, and other than the delivery location, they were identical. Heh - even had the exact same time for delivery (Today 9/20 at 10:30 a.m.) I however, have not contacted Apple yet, but will tomorrow to get my 2-3 day shipping refunded. Blasted customs.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
FedEx is horrible. Absolutely horrible. I really wish you could choose UPS as a shipping option from Apple.

cmeelia

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2005
EXACT SAME PROBLEM...

So I'm not alone... today is day 8 (6 business days) of painful waiting for me.

I did call Apple and got my expedited shipping charge refunded. Apparently (according to Apple customer service) there are a LOT of iPods stuck in China right now. Other than original shipments, many retail stores are out -and waiting - just like us.

The wait is killing me. I WANT MY NANO!

(Meanwhile, I now look at my once-loved iPod Mini as if it were a porky, clorless screen, boring and bloated silver-covered step-child. It's like it went from state-of-the-art to 8-track the day the nano was announced. Did anyone else ditch their Mini for a nano? Do you feel like you dumped your old "cute" girlfriend for a really "hot & sexy" new girlfriend?)

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I wonder if this problem is specific to FedEx... I ordered a nano, but it hasn't shipped yet. It is going via Bestway, however, as I had it delivered to my work address... I'll have to see if I get a similar problem with customs.

DND82

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Strange how some people are having problems. I ordered my nano last week tue and got it friday morning. even did the free shipping option. hope you guys get your nano soon...

studkee

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2005
DND82 said:
Strange how some people are having problems. I ordered my nano last week tue and got it friday morning. even did the free shipping option. hope you guys get your nano soon...

My guess is because you ordered a 2 gig or a nonpersonalized one. Some of the guys at my work have received theirs, and they ordered later than I did. It seemed like Apple has a supply of 2 gigs in the states, but ours are stuck in China :mad:

Sadly, my Nano is currently on day 6 of its Customs Limbo.

hazeof3dd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
according to the Shenzhen Airport website (I'm a plane nerd, sorry lol) The next Fedex flight leaves Shenzhen Sept. 22nd at 7:00 PM for Anchorage. That is Sept 22st at 7:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time. Right now my status says "At Local Fedex Facility" It's said that a few times before and gone back to the customs message, but i'm hoping that it might actually get shipped out tomorrow. hehe gonna be a Fedex flight filled with Ipods!

studkee

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2005
Thanks for the info :) Only 7 and a half hours to find out if its on that flight.

*Holds his breath*

Edit:
I got bored and decided to look it up as well.
http://www.szairport.com
The flight numbers are 19 or 84 if anyone wants to look it up quickly - and in the event they don't go out tomorrow we can all have something new to stare at.

*Breathes*

*Starts holding again*

DND82

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
studkee said:
My guess is because you ordered a 2 gig or a nonpersonalized one. Some of the guys at my work have received theirs, and they ordered later than I did. It seemed like Apple has a supply of 2 gigs in the states, but ours are stuck in China :mad:

Sadly, my Nano is currently on day 6 of its Customs Limbo.

Actually I got a 4 gig black. I do know someone who got a 4 gig black w/ engraving in same amount of time I got mine. Sucks you've been waiting so long, though.

studkee

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2005
DND82 said:
Actually I got a 4 gig black. I do know someone who got a 4 gig black w/ engraving in same amount of time I got mine. Sucks you've been waiting so long, though.

Apparently, I guessed wrong. And I'm so envious.... you don't even know.

Couldn't you have just lied and said it was a white 2 gig that shipped from Chicago? Wouldn't have stung quite so much then. :(

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Gah, I feel guilty. I ordered a 4G Black Nano last week on 9/13, and it shipped the next day. Had it on 9/15.

Here's to hoping everyone gets theirs in a more timely fashion.....

WickedAngel

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2005
Mine has been in Shenzen for eight days now.

This isn't a FedEx problem. Apple failed to provide them with all the packing information they needed to send the item.

I've spoken with the FedEx people at that facility in China and Apple. They both agree that Apple is the problem here.

hazeof3dd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
WickedAngel said:
Mine has been in Shenzen for eight days now.

This isn't a FedEx problem. Apple failed to provide them with all the packing information they needed to send the item.

I've spoken with the FedEx people at that facility in China and Apple. They both agree that Apple is the problem here.
well i certainly hope they fix it ASAP. is there a number to the China facility? Is there someone that will speak english on the other end? lol

studkee

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2005
They're in Alaska finally :D (At least mine is) and Apple automatically gave me back my shipping charge, how nice of them.

Now just another few days...

hazeof3dd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
yep got that same email, even though i've already recieved my refund via phone. Fedex is also say Anchorage! YAY!

WickedAngel

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2005
I received a shipping refund a few days ago.

The issue seems to have been fixed now. Mine is stateside.

Only took them eight days :rolleyes:

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Glad to see those Nanos made it to the States.

Apple must be having some serious issues, their fax lines are all down, customer support has been swamped, shipping botches, etc etc.

We have to send one of our iMacs at work in for service, and we've been waiting two weeks for the box to ship it back in. One of us usually sits on the phone for an hour with Apple every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.