Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
Does the iPhone 5 incipo dual pro shine scratch the iPhone 5 ? Bit worries about the snaps on the 2nd case it goes in to

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
No, the hard shell snaps onto the silicone inside. The hard shell never touches the actual phone

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Does the iPhone 5 incipo dual pro shine scratch the iPhone 5 ? Bit worries about the snaps on the 2nd case it goes in to

In my experience with the Dual Pro Shine is the opposite of what you are concerned about. The inner case protects the phone from the hard outer shell. the lighter Incipio cases may scratch because the hard case is right against the phone. I've had two Dual Pros on my iPhone 5. I think they are one of the safest, most protective cases out there

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
No, the hard shell snaps onto the silicone inside. The hard shell never touches the actual phone

Also how would you take this off ?

----------

In my experience with the Dual Pro Shine is the opposite of what you are concerned about. The inner case protects the phone from the hard outer shell.
the lighter Incipio cases may scratch because the hard case is right against the phone. I've
had two Dual Pros on my iPhone 5. I think they are one of the safest, most protective cases out there

I don't get what you mean ? So will it scratch ? Also how would you take it off ?

----------

How would you take the case off ?

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Also how would you take this off ?

For the outer case I found that if I pry with my finger tips, the corner near the hole, while pushing on the phone through the hole it can be removed. Not easy but works. The inner soft cover is easy to pry opposite the button side.

----------

For the outer case I found that if I pry with my finger tips, the corner near the hole, while pushing on the phone through the hole it can be removed. Not easy but works. The inner soft cover is easy to pry opposite the button side.

The whole point was no it won't scratch.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011

----------

The whole point was no it won't scratch.

Thanks, taking off the case is such a pain ! I'm surprised not many people have mentioned it !

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Taking off the Dual Pro is actually extremely easy, you just pull back on the silicone by the small section of outer shell above the mute switch, it pops right off.

My main concern with this case is does the silicone stretch? It seems like it might. I have one on my 5 right now and have since I received it on Nov. 7 but I like to take it off for a good cleaning at least once a week. Anyway, any thoughts on the durability of the inner silicone layer? Other than that one minor concern I absolutely love this case!

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
Taking off the Dual Pro is actually extremely easy, you just pull back on the silicone by the small section of outer shell above the mute switch, it pops right off.

My main concern with this case is does the silicone stretch? It seems like it might. I have one on my 5 right now and have since I received it on Nov. 7 but I like to take it off for a good cleaning at least once a week. Anyway, any thoughts on the durability of the inner silicone layer? Other than that one minor concern I absolutely love this case!

I went through a period of time where I was taking my case off like 10 times a day because I was way too indecisive and the silicone hasn't stretched or sagged at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.