Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billyb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2003
I'm using an iPod shuffle, all updates current. I keep the iPod in my source list in iTunes at all times, so that I can change the playlist before the next time I plug it in and update it. I used to be able to select the header above the song number (far left column) and then drag my songs around to whatever order I wanted.

Now, I can't do this. Songs go on the Shuffle in the order I add them, and I can't change the order by dragging the songs around! I hoped iTunes 5.0.1 would fix this, but it hasn't.

Any suggestions? Did I change some setting and I don't know it? Please help!

-bb

Edit: never mind, the answer is...I am idiot. Somehow shuffle mode was turned on for iTunes, which means you can't change the song order.

River Hill

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2005
This is the same problem I am having. Can you explain how to change shuffle mode for iTunes.

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
River Hill said:
This is the same problem I am having. Can you explain how to change shuffle mode for iTunes.

Hit the button in the bottom left that looks like two crossing arrows until it's not blue.

Or go to the control drop down menu and deselect shuffle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.