Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
Very Cool! Samsung is definitely doing more to improve the Android experience than any of the other manufacturers. Bravo Samsung!

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Samsung is on a tear!

Those who say updates come too slow from Samsung... at least Samsung isn't making you wait for the JB update for naught.

They're not just giving you the features Google added, but adding their own full setlist of features. How many Premium Suites will there be?

Whether the wait is worth it or not, that's up to you to decide. I personally think while updates are welcomed sooner, the wait isn't a deal breaker anymore. Because they're still updating it inside the one year S3 release cycle (Apple doesn't do that), it's not missing features (like some iOS updates that are missing the main feature of their respective OSes), and above all else, they're actually adding a lot of things with each update. Some are great, some not as great, but it's a robust list of new features and functions. All before the S3 is even a year old.

Samsung is in full throttle...

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Some nice features, although I don't have much use for some of them.

I think there're really cool additions from Samsung, hope they continue this kind of updates for future phones. Like the S IV :D

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
TouchWiz's maturity is a great example of the potentials of open Android. They've really built upon stock Android to the point that stock now looks quite boring and "feature-missing" (cause I wouldn't call stock Android feature-less.)

It's making me reconsider the importance of immediate updates of the Nexus line. There are a ton of caveats software-wise and hardware-wise just to have immediate updates. :\ Hm.

Galaxy S4, my body is ready...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.