PDA

View Full Version : Why does pb wake up with a hiccup?

Cloud9
Sep 21, 2005, 01:45 AM
Ok, I am sure there is nothing wrong with operation of my 1.33 pb or tiger, but I was just curious. Why when I wake my computer after a half a second or so after waking it up mouse function ceases for just a moment then operation is normal. Its like its rubbing its eyes after waking up or something. Does anyone know why this is? Does it halt to quickly load ram or something?

Also, my usb ports dont function perfectly. they seem to accept a perreferial like a mouse or soundcard, and then after a half hour, or some other arbrtrary time then ignore the item. I just have to replug it in to get it to work, but I was wondering why this was and if something is wrong with it.

Thanks

LimeiBook86
Sep 21, 2005, 08:46 PM
Ok, I am sure there is nothing wrong with operation of my 1.33 pb or tiger, but I was just curious. Why when I wake my computer after a half a second or so after waking it up mouse function ceases for just a moment then operation is normal. Its like its rubbing its eyes after waking up or something. Does anyone know why this is? Does it halt to quickly load ram or something?

Also, my usb ports dont function perfectly. they seem to accept a perreferial like a mouse or soundcard, and then after a half hour, or some other arbrtrary time then ignore the item. I just have to replug it in to get it to work, but I was wondering why this was and if something is wrong with it.

Thanks

I've noticed my 12" PowerBook G4 867mhz be a bit slow when it wakes up but nothing like your describing. I'd say take it to Apple or call them up and explain what's happening. This shouldn't normally happen, at least as far as I know. Good luck!

:D

TheMonarch
Sep 21, 2005, 08:55 PM
It happens to me too. Don't worry. Its less than 5 seconds (maybe 2-3)... Just remember how quick windoze is with its 'hibernation' :D