Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ch8rt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
I have no real need for an ipod that is as small as the current models. As I don't travel anywhere without my car, which already has enough music options for me.

However I do like the idea of hooking aan ipod up to a hi-fi so I don't need to use my cds at home. (I used to do this with my mac when they used to be near each other).

I would also like to be able to view my photos in a bigger format than on the ipod screen without having to sit people at a computer or burning a disc for use in the dvd player.

So I think Apple should design a new ipod that is a photo viewer before it is an mp3 player. essentially being a digital photo frame.

With a simple OS that would let you see you different photo albums and view them at a decent size (4x6inch would be standard size)

this is the best product that I have found so far but I would much prefer an apple version (I have never heard of this company)

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_pmvp.html

What are your views.

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
ch8rt said:
I have no real need for an ipod that is as small as the current models. As I don't travel anywhere without my car, which already has enough music options for me.

However I do like the idea of hooking aan ipod up to a hi-fi so I don't need to use my cds at home. (I used to do this with my mac when they used to be near each other).

I would also like to be able to view my photos in a bigger format than on the ipod screen without having to sit people at a computer or burning a disc for use in the dvd player.

So I think Apple should design a new ipod that is a photo viewer before it is an mp3 player. essentially being a digital photo frame.

With a simple OS that would let you see you different photo albums and view them at a decent size (4x6inch would be standard size)

this is the best product that I have found so far but I would much prefer an apple version (I have never heard of this company)

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_pmvp.html

What are your views.

Sorry, not going to happen.

Apple couldn't leverage that into a fee-for-picture operation, so they wouldn't bother in the first place.

As for the device in general, I would NEVER spend any appreciable sum of money on it. If I really want to show off my pictures at full size, I have my iBook. If mobility is all I'm concerned about, then it's the iPod.

d00kie

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2004
That'd be nice, but I don't see it happening too. Closest would be the rumored Apple PDA stuff- it will be able to play tunes, and most likely display your photos, show videos etc. Thus it won't be an iPod, just something else.

ch8rt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
an ibook / powerbook would be a good solution but its not worth shelling out for what I need.

I never print my pics out anymore, because its easier not to? If I could have a photo size screen that I could pass around a room to show different people we would have all the fun and pick up ability of real printed photos but for a digital lifestyle.

music and and videos would be included in the packaage beecause it would be easy to put them in.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
I think the closest you going to get would be if Apple put a Home Media package into iLife that connected by wire or AirPort to your TV and gave full PVR functions as well as letting you view iPhoto and listen to iTunes through you home AV set-up. Most crucial to all that would be an interface that can be viewed and controlled from my sofa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.