Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tucson Allen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Tucson, AZ
I just wanted to enter an event. First time in 10.8. Had to switch to the event calendar--why should the birthday calendar be the default? Clicked the + button at the top and nothing happened. I found "New Events" to be blanked out in File. Any ideas?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Do you have another calendar on there besides the Birthday calendar? If not, add one... then go to this screen in Calendar preferences and set the default calendar to whatever calendar you want to use for new events.

g4kHJ.png

Tucson Allen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Default Calendar a no go

Do you have another calendar on there besides the Birthday calendar? If not, add one... then go to this screen in Calendar preferences and set the default calendar to whatever calendar you want to use for new events.

Thanks Weaselboy. I had Birthdays and added US Holidays, went to iCal preferences to the Default Calendar and clicked on Selected Calendar and nothing happened, nothing shown to select. ?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks Weaselboy. I had Birthdays and added US Holidays, went to iCal preferences to the Default Calendar and clicked on Selected Calendar and nothing happened, nothing shown to select. ?

It sounds like you do not have a default calendar at all? In Calendar app go to the File menu and click New Calendar then add a calendar. Now go back to the pref pane and make that new calendar the default.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.