Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Hey MacRumours.

I am the lucky owner of a iMac g4, which I'm totally in love with, but the machine came pre-installed with Panther.
Not that Panther is a problem to me, but a lot of the applications I want to run requires at least Tiger.

I want to know if any of you still have a Tiger dvd that you are willing to sell/give away? It has to be a retail dvd since I want to be able to do a clean install of Tiger.

I prefer if the seller is from Europe, since the expenses for Tiger will be higher for me if I buy Tiger from a non-EU country (local law).

Thanks

Sincerely Simon

rikscha

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
London
You can get it from ebay. Will cost you around 70-80EUR.

Personally, I would probably just borrow it from the internet.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
You can get it from ebay. Will cost you around 70-80EUR.

Personally, I would probably just borrow it from the internet.

That's the problem with Apple, AFIAK you can't legally buy Tiger from them but if you have a need for it this seems the only way.
AFAIK it's not even legal to buy legal disks from people other than from Apple themselves.

Do you have 867Mhz or higher processor? Someone in this Finnish forum is selling Leopard for 65€ including shipping, he/she lives in Estonia so I guess he has no troubles sending it anywhere in Europe:

http://hopeinenomena.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=190334&view=unread#unread

You will need to register and log in to view messages of Buy/Sell/Trade -section of that forum.

Original?
I can buy them here for a couple of dollars, of course illegal copies.

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
Yes of course original, that forum does not allow selling pirated copies and may even halt sale if the machine is being sold without license or in this case, installation medium which matches the advertised OS, the only exeption being the original OS version that shipped with the machine.

Piracy is cheap, I can download one from internet, for free.

11431120.jpg

Last edited:

sjan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Do you have 867Mhz or higher processor? Someone in this Finnish forum is selling Leopard for 65€ including shipping, he/she lives in Estonia so I guess he has no troubles sending it anywhere in Europe:

http://hopeinenomena.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=190334&view=unread#unread

You will need to register and log in to view messages of Buy/Sell/Trade -section of that forum.

My iMac does comply with the required specs, but I would rather have Tiger, since I'm afraid that Leopard will be too slow for my machine. I know someone in my own country who has Leopard, and it is cheaper then the price on the finnish forums, so I'm not interested.

About the legality of acquiring Tiger I don't know if the Apple EULA states anything about sale of Tiger from others then Apple, but since Apple has EOL'ed Tiger I have no other option but to buy it used. But if you know it is still possible to get Tiger from Apple, I'd gladly contact them and order Tiger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.